Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need ideas for a funky new do for my mop-top ginger haired DS, nearly 11 yrs.

(5 Posts)
IsItAMonster Fri 24-May-13 13:10:01

My ds has been growing his hair out for good few months from a very regulation grade 2 at the sides and back and a little longer on top.

He has gorgeous thick, bright red hair which has now grown into a messy beatle-esque mop-top but he has decided he doesnt want it long now as as its annoying him and getting in his eyes.

I think he would suit it slightly more funky than the usual regulation little lad cut he has always had. He's open to ideas but i have no clue what to ask the barber for! Maybe longer on top so it can be spiked up or flopped down and short over his ears and at his neck?

Any ideas or images would be appreciated thanks smile

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 24-May-13 13:17:44

I have a ginger haired 10 year old DS too, who grew his hair longer last year after years of short back and sides. He has his cut similar to this

IsItAMonster Fri 24-May-13 21:44:45

Thanks jemima, that style looks lovely.

my dh took took ds to the barber tonight and despite fairly clear instructions, he has returned with a short back and sides, a small tin tin quiff and all his thick long locks gone...

dh said to me before he left, "why dont you take him, you can explain what style to do better than me" and i said no, no you'll be fine. He said you won't complain if its not wht you expected will you? so i am keeping mum.

At least my ds likes it, it is cute wink

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 25-May-13 09:20:00

As long as your DS likes it!

DH took DS for a haircut once at the barbers as he was going himself. Despite the fact that DS explained what he wanted, using the words "surfer style" and "keep the length" he ended up with a short back and sides. He was very upset and has refused to go to the barbers with DH since, preferring to come with me to my hairdresser's where they actually listen to what he wants.

IsItAMonster Sat 25-May-13 19:33:01

You know, i was thinking of doing just that, our barber is great but i have only just realised he only does the one style wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now