Talk

Advanced search

size 18 skinny jeans in blue - realise 18 & skinny is a paradox

(10 Posts)
eyeeyecaptain Thu 23-May-13 22:01:52

I had some skinny dark blue jeans from Dorothy perkins which I loved but they have ripped!

looked at Dorothy perkins again but they look a bit cheap now. tried river Island which I normally like but too skinny! for some reason next stuff just has a weird cut on me and look odd on my body !

obviously I am overweight but am pretty toned and am tall 5'9 - any suggestions?

melliebobs Thu 23-May-13 22:04:38

GAP smile and at our gap outlet they have a 'strait curvey' jean which is a good compromise smile

theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 23-May-13 22:38:08

I am a size 14 and love my Mint Velvet jeans, made out of stretchy material, I checked the website - they don't appear to have the ones I got but their jeans do go up to a size 18 so they may have them in the store.

Annianni Thu 23-May-13 22:40:02

Gap. Try the real straight.
Slim fitting but not too skinny.

snail1973 Fri 24-May-13 10:18:30

I'm about the same size as you and I really like the Boden straight legs (not brave enough for skinnies except in winter tucked into boots)

INeedThatForkOff Fri 24-May-13 10:22:57

I like my Next sexy skinnies.

MrsDelaBilliere Fri 24-May-13 14:01:25

DP Bailey super skinnies aren't too bad and are quite hard wearing. I've also had Next super skinnies and whilst I love them, they are quite a bit thinner material than the DP ones.

I would suggest you see if you can get a pair of Gok Perfect Skinnies from TU @ Sainsburys. They were as rare as hens teeth a few weeks ago, but I believe are in the summer collection and this weekend have 25% off.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 24-May-13 14:04:14

I got a pair of the gok skinnies last season. They are sized up very big and stretch quickly, a bit like the Next skinnies which look great when you first put them on but bag at the knees quite quickly.

MrsDelaBilliere Fri 24-May-13 20:32:40

Yes sorry I should have said Gok's skinnies are generous and if you are an 18, should probably go for a 16. l didn't have the bagging at the knee problem, the problem I had was I then went onto loose so much weight off my thighs, they had to be thrown out.

Roshbegosh Fri 24-May-13 20:36:04

That is a nice problem Dela.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now