Talk

Advanced search

'Grown-up' leggings?

(10 Posts)
Wiggy29 Thu 23-May-13 12:31:19

Hi folks, any ideas where I can get some grown-up leggings from? By 'grown-up' I mean ones that aren't transparent in the sun and won't bag at the knee etc. I'm not keen on the wet look/ aztec patterns but I like the type that maybe have a leather look panel on the side as either a stripe or a jodpur type effect. I'm looking to spend £30 or less, ideas anyone?

Thank you in advance, I'm sick to the back teeth of hunting myself! Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. smile

Wiggy29 Thu 23-May-13 22:39:04

Anybody?

SecretLimonadeDrinker Thu 23-May-13 23:23:48

Have you tried Oasis?

Whatalotofpiffle Thu 23-May-13 23:35:34

Next are good... Not sure if they have what you are looking for but their basic black leggings are great

hedgefund Thu 23-May-13 23:41:31

zara have quite alot like that

Startail Thu 23-May-13 23:43:07

I need plain navy, that don't fall down.

My Great Plains ones do.

JohnSnowsTie Thu 23-May-13 23:55:48

Startail I had plain navy from Mint Velvet and was trying to order a new pair but couldn't see them on the website. OP If you're just after black/grey try them. £15, nice wide elastic panel to smooth the waist and pretty rouches at the ankle.

Apparently Boden are good. About £22 - I'm going to try them next for my navy pair. <is a Boden virgin>

TheBuskersDog Fri 24-May-13 00:07:38

I have Boden, they're not particularly thick.

Sainsburys luxury ones are good, only £10 as well.

daisydoodoo Fri 24-May-13 22:53:45

Boden for plain colours not very thick but definitely not see through.
Sainsbury luxury leggings again just plain colours but very thick.
Both brands id say size down. Im a 14 but a 12 in both leggings and could probably go another size smaller without stretching them to see through (tempting so I could say I was wearing a 10 grin)

Wiggy29 Fri 24-May-13 23:12:58

I might give Sainsbury's a go, thanks. Based on another thread on here, I'm going to give a personal shopper a go and see if they can find me something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now