Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to style a midi skirt?

(7 Posts)
OnTheNingNangNong Thu 23-May-13 12:11:11

I've got a black jersey midi slightly below knee skirt and it really suits my shape, but I have no idea how to style it so I don't look frumpy!

What would look good with it?

scarlet76 Thu 23-May-13 12:20:51

I pair mine with either a fitted spotty shirt and a bright skinny belt or a semi fitted breton top tucked in. I am short, so heels work best for me - leopard print courts or a black suede wedge shoe.

YoniOno Thu 23-May-13 12:45:10

I have a patterned one I wear with a simple pocket tee tucked in and wedges.

OnTheNingNangNong Thu 23-May-13 15:16:42

Thanks!

Wedges seem to be a good idea, I'll have to find a nice pair.

Do you go bare legged? I have horrid legs

Lottapianos Thu 23-May-13 15:41:33

I love that length of skirt! In this awful weather we're having, I wear mine with leggings/tights, stompy black boots and long black socks rolled down so that they are just above top of boots if you know what I mean. I wear plain long-sleeve t-shirt on top, with a vest layered underneath. And a patterned pashmina around neck. I think that type of skirt looks really feminine and curve-enhancing but works really well with accessories with a harder edge, like boots or biker jackets.

Would wear bare-legged with flat sandals when if sun is out

scarlet76 Thu 23-May-13 21:14:19

Still wearing mine with tights as weather is rubbish here sad
Agree with Lotta that a scarf works well. I have a burgundy biker jacket that also works well with it.

OnTheNingNangNong Fri 24-May-13 18:03:01

Thank you! Some great ideas for me, I think I'll have to buy a new top to go with it.

I'm so glad it goes with tights, far too cold to go without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now