Talk

Advanced search

Flaky forehead after applying foundation arghh!

(5 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Thu 23-May-13 12:05:42

For the last few weeks my forehead has looked flaky after applying my foundation & elsewhere on my face it just hasn't been sitting right. I've been using my usual loreal infallible & even tried an old favourite Revlon Colourstay but both have left me with the same results! I've used a facial scrub for my face & I always moisturised beforehand & left enough time between moisturiser & foundation.

I can't afford to buy yet another foundation, I've just got 2 in the last 3 weeks!

I use the Aldi day & night cream for my skin care 'routine' & has always left me with lovely skin. What's going on? I've even tried applying my foundation with a brush to see if that was any better but nope, still flaky! Has my skin just changed that much! Ok so I turned 40 a few months ago & I can really see it now creeping up on me in my face sad

I even tried Estée Lauder double wear - too runny, highlighted my fine lines, making me look 45!

What do I need to do to stop the flaky forehead & get a smooth foundation face again?!!!!

TheBirdsFellDownToDingADong Thu 23-May-13 12:09:24

Are they oil free? I can't use oil free foundations as my whole face flakes.

You might need a creamier moisturiser. Buy some Astral, cheap as chips, big blue tub and slop some of that on for a few nights. it's what I use when my skin is v dry.

PostBellumBugsy Thu 23-May-13 12:13:39

I find that exfoliation isn't enough now I'm getting really crumbly.
Once a week I use a home micro dermabrasion kit (I use the Olay one, but there are quite a few different brands). That really gets every last dead skin cell off & I've found my foundation sits much better.

I also use coconut oil at night, instead of moisturiser to ensure I don't dry out too much.

YoniMitchell Thu 23-May-13 12:14:57

I sometimes get this and just use a really good moisturiser for a few days and up the night cream ante with Eight Hour Cream overnight when it's bad.

I also drink loads of water, as if I don't I can almost immediately see and feel my skin getting really dry and patchy/flaky.

FrugalFashionista Thu 23-May-13 12:16:19

Eucerin 5% urea cream always helps when I suffer from flaky skin. I've used Colorstay for about 20 years and it, just like any other longwearing foundation, can be very drying. Eucerin used overnight helps a lot with flakiness but check that you don't have other overly drying routines (for me, these are cold winter weather and central heating combined with frequent washing, the use of powders, exfoliants, toners, soaps, shower gels and other astringents).

Stop the scrubs? They cause flaky skin and your normal moisturizers don't compensate enough (urea is the magic ingredient). Scrubs simply aren't right for all skin types.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now