Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear this??

(13 Posts)
Lougirl Thu 23-May-13 09:36:09

www.isabellaoliver.com/baukjen/uk/600/dresses/DR502.html

I love this dress but am only 5 1, there is no way I can wear this. . . . . . Is there???

dexter73 Thu 23-May-13 09:40:43

Having a look at the reviews there is someone who is 5'10" saying it is the perfect length for them so I imagine it will be far too long for you, but you can always have it taken up.

BunnyLebowski Thu 23-May-13 09:42:35

Nope.

That dress is for the tall and willowy Gwyneth P's of this world.

I say this as a fellow shortarse.

Plus it's not even that nice.

Lougirl Thu 23-May-13 09:44:25

You reckon it would look ok on a shortie? I worry about maxi length on me. Thanks for replying.

dexter73 Thu 23-May-13 09:46:50

I think maxis look fine on short people, after all isn't wearing head to toe in one colour supposed to create an illusion of height? Just wear a more fitted maxi like the one you have linked to (which I think is very nice).

Limoncellolovely Thu 23-May-13 10:03:28

I have it I am 5'8" and it is ankle length on me so were you to buy it I would imagine it would need taking up !

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 23-May-13 10:06:00

I'd go and see it, and see how much you'd need to take off.

The thickness of the contrast band plays off nicely against the length of the dress; if it's significantly shorter I'd worry that it'd not look right.

I'm 5 2, and I wouldn't risk it, but if you really love it it's worth a try!

EarlyInTheMorning Thu 23-May-13 10:23:46

I'm also very short and wouldn't wear it unless I was a tiny size 6/8, which I'm not.

Lougirl Thu 23-May-13 17:01:10

I might just order it and see how it looks, I reckon it won't be good but at least I will know for sure. Oh to be a normal height!!

HotCrossPun Thu 23-May-13 17:17:10

My 5 2 friend looks great in Maxi dresses.

I think small and slim = nice with a maxi, providing it's not too billowy.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Thu 23-May-13 18:44:51

Maxi dresses look good on very slim 5ft 2, but if you're above a size10 it's a no imo.

Ashoething Thu 23-May-13 18:46:44

Not unless you are 6 ft and a size 8. Sorry op I am not one for usually letting size dictate what you wear but I think any mere non model mortal will look like a sack of spuds in that dress. There is a maxi out there for you but its not that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now