Talk

Advanced search

Help me dress myself.

(6 Posts)
JackieTheFart Wed 22-May-13 22:10:15

Ok, size 16 and 5 ft 5-ish. Big boobs, now unfortunately balanced by enormous belly sad

I need some new trousers and tops as they are all old and bobbly and shrunk. I was thinking, some decent leggings and some longish tops like this and this and also this. I haven't bought from Mint Velvet before but I like the look of their stuff - not too trendy and not too old lady. Smart enough to wear to work with a jacket and nice shoes sort of thing but casual enough to go to school?

Tell me what you think. I tend to wear things that skim my belly as I find most flattering and comfortable, with a jersey blazer. Just having a bit of an identity crisis with clothes!

JackieTheFart Wed 22-May-13 22:12:22

Ok scrap that second top, just seen a different picture of it and it's not at all what I thought it was going to be!

Laska42 Wed 22-May-13 22:19:27

All lovely. I love the dark navy double layer top best , dont forget there is free delivery on Mint Velvet right now with mumsnet code MUMMAY13 and plus and extra 7% off if you go through Quidco (just bought this which would go with that top - -I reckon a good scarf does wonders for any leggings /long top outfit)

glamstretchmarks Thu 23-May-13 11:28:29

Without sounding mean, leggings only look good on certain figures... I would suggest you go for something than nips in around the waist, maybe use a belt, a bit of structure in the shoulders to balance boobs. If you are larger up top and belly then leggings will only make your legs look smaller and your top half look bigger. Floaty things will also only make you look bigger, you need to put in the shape you want to get out if you see what I mean? Floating things make skinny women look skinny but apart from that it tends to make anyone over a size 12 actually look a bit bigger than they are... If you are small hipped you might want to try some shapes to balance that out? Maybe think of skirts? A-line shows off hips. You really need to think of your shape and how you can give the illusion of an hourglass smile Have fun experimenting!! If you can go for a personal shopper, otherwise order stuff home, try it on, try it with different things in your wardrobe, ask yourself what kind of shape is it giving? ask if you have enough things to go with it? Do you love it? You can always return... have fun with it and don't get stressed about it smile

JackieTheFart Fri 24-May-13 19:17:10

So sad - I never used to be a triangle, I used to have an enviable hourglass figure!!

I have ended up buying some leggings and some tunicy type tops, not quite so floaty and shapeless, more fitted. I have loads of belted things which look lovely, but aren't so comfy when running round after the children or sitting at work all day long.

I'm happy with what I've bought. Except the jeans. They'll probably go back.

JackieTheFart Fri 24-May-13 19:20:44

So sad - I never used to be a triangle, I used to have an enviable hourglass figure!!

I have ended up buying some leggings and some tunicy type tops, not quite so floaty and shapeless, more fitted. I have loads of belted things which look lovely, but aren't so comfy when running round after the children or sitting at work all day long.

I'm happy with what I've bought. Except the jeans. They'll probably go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now