loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can these white linen trousers be dyed?

(10 Posts)
hhhhhhh Wed 22-May-13 20:17:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sunnysummer Wed 22-May-13 20:20:25

The linen should take the dye, but as you say, the elastic and thread will normally stay the original colour... Unless any other MNers have found a superdye?

OneLittleLady Wed 22-May-13 20:25:59

The linen will dye but the stitching won't. Stitching is normally polyester which doesn't take dye. Whatever colour you dyed, the stitching would remain white. If you are set on dying them, I think navy would be your best bet as the stitching would look like it's meant to contrast with the fabric IYSWIM

SwishSwoshSwoosh Wed 22-May-13 20:41:26

The website has them in a beige colour too?

you would get away with dying them a pale colour but nothing dark. <bitter experience> what about a lilac. beige may work if its very pale, as everyone else says the stitching will stay white.

ReluctantBeing Wed 22-May-13 20:45:33

Tie-dye them. It doesn't matter if its patchy then.

starfishmummy Wed 22-May-13 21:00:19

I am confused - they are called linen trousers but the fabric content is given as cotton.
Linen and cotton are very different

hhhhhhh Wed 22-May-13 21:15:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OneLittleLady Wed 22-May-13 21:18:30

Dylon machine dye is the best stuff you can get easily. You can buy it in packs that are specially designed to go into the washing machine. You can buy packs that have the salt included or you have to add the salt yourself. You can buy special dye salt or use ordinary table salt.

Sunnysummer Thu 23-May-13 00:24:49

I agree with OneLittleLady, Dylon is great. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now