Talk

Advanced search

hair oil and face oil and that kind of thng, fancy an overhaul of my beauty stuff

(12 Posts)
ditavonteesed Wed 22-May-13 16:31:15

currently use steam cream moisturiser and whatever shampoo and conditioner is on offer in home bargains. I am v lazy and tend to wash my face in the shower with just water and moisturise every few days. Just wondered considering I am not going to get ny less lazy (I know this I have tried so many times) what would be good, I like natural stuff, henna my straight quite good condition hair so dont need anything mega oily. my skin is a bit dry at times (which is not suprising since I only remember to out moisturiser on it when it is tingly dry) so anyone know of a good (lazy) routine that i coulddo with some lovely products, I like the smell of lush stuff and things like burts bees or natral oils.
God that was rambly sorry.

bulletproofgerbil Wed 22-May-13 16:56:10

I've recently started using coconut oil as a moisturiser both for face and body and love it. The other brilliant thing I've started using thanks to MN is the Bravura Dermaflannel. I've been using it less than 2 weeks and this followed by the coconut oil has made the biggest difference to my skin ever. And the Dermaflannel uses nothing but the flannel itself and water so is v natural.

ditavonteesed Wed 22-May-13 17:01:30

dermaflannnel you say, hmmm

MoodyDidIt Wed 22-May-13 17:03:45

yes to pure coconut oil, its incredible

ditavonteesed Wed 22-May-13 17:06:01

is it solid or oil? where would you get it from?

ditavonteesed Wed 22-May-13 17:06:53

also my chest got burnt a few years ago and has gone all red and dry with deep lines on ever since, think a bot deidre barlow, would coconut oil help with that?

MoodyDidIt Wed 22-May-13 17:11:52

pure will be in a solid form

i use this sort

i think it would help with the skin on your chest, its improved my skin tone all over my body loads and also really helped with the look of my stretchmarks

i swear by it. i do the OCM with it as well

I use and rate Superdrug Vitamin E face oil and the Extraordinary hair oil (can't remember who it's by - maybe L'Oreal?).

SunshinePanda Wed 22-May-13 17:27:12

Remus do you use extraordinary oil with straighteners? I love Argan oil, currently Lee Stafford (on offer at Clothes show in Dec) and also using straightening spray. But if I could use Ex oil for everything it would be handy. Tried coconut oil on hair last week, jury's still out, and tricky to wash out of my thick hair.

I do. It's fine - just avoid the roots. I put it on after a bath in the evening and then before straightening in the morning.

SunshinePanda Wed 22-May-13 19:04:46

Thanks Remus, think I'll get some then but will try to resist until my current supplies run out.

bulletproofgerbil Wed 22-May-13 19:13:43

There's another thread on S&B about the Dermaflannel. You can have a look on there if you want to find out how people are finding it. The thread is just called 'Dermaflannel'. I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now