Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any 50´s fans or lacers? I need a new cardigan!

(11 Posts)
inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 09:20:42

Hi All

Hoping someone can help, I am sure I am about to be stoned to death but I wear corsets (not all the time). Anyway, I am one of those people that like to have my corsets on show (sometimes) and I have just taken my favourite cardigan out to find it needs replacing (its been worn a lot for a couple of years) but I am need help finding a new one. I was planning on wearing it saturday night sad

I would like a couple to be honest!

I have stuck with one style for a long time, which is basically a bolero / shrug, very short on the back and would cover a bra strap on the front iyswim? So I am searching for one like that again prefably in black.

I would like another style as well but I am really stuck for what style? links would be great if possible

Puts on hard hat and waits to be stoned

MrsLettuce Wed 22-May-13 12:43:39

Why would you be stoned for wearing a corset? I don't, but I'd love some. If you spot MrsCampbellBlack about give her a nudge to pop over here, IIRC she knows her corsets.

A cropped cardigan isn't actually what you're after. Or is it? More a ballet type thing?

MrsLettuce Wed 22-May-13 12:45:13

more like this but buttoned?

FauxFox Wed 22-May-13 16:13:00

I've got one like this to go with a strapless dress. Is that what you mean?

inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 18:43:58

Fauxfox

Thats the type I I have been wearing for yonks! I have made corsets Made to measure and the corsetier that does them is pretty famous for the fact that the modest panels should be seen! I love that type, mine was cashmer and for the number of wears I got out of it probably the cheapest item of clothing I owned. I definately want to find another one

Mrs Lettuce I like the second one you have linked to, love the shape of it but I am not sure about the patterning?

I personally find that I like either a long like jacket or a very short one, I don´t think that ones that end part way down a visible corset look particularly good. BUT I do wear the style if I am wearing a dress over my corset as it acentuates the waist.

Re stonning! I have found the corset really are a marmite item. People either tell me how great it is, ask me where they can get one etc OR I get the ill informed lecture on the fact that I am damaging my body, I have poor self image (not true at all) or that I am dressing that way to conform to what mean aspire (not true either)

inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 19:30:22

Ok, what about this for a change?

lose sleeve shrug

I think I quite like this one as a black shurg I know it is expensive but I wore the last one so much I don´t mind saving for another "investment" shrug

inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 19:39:38

ok, I found a couple of others

What do you all think of

bit of a different shape on the front

like this one but the sleeves are not long enough

not sure if this one would acutally disguise the bits of my arms I hate?

inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 19:43:51

Ok last one

I know I said I didn´t like mid line jackets but

What about this one I think the bow detail on the back could be fun, and It looks quite fitted?

MrsLettuce Wed 22-May-13 20:12:24

Heck I'm dim today! Thought you were after a just-under-the-bust button up job hmm

inneedofrain Wed 22-May-13 20:15:13

No MrsLettuce you are not, I probably didn´t explain myself very well!

I love my corsets but I hate my arms and I find it difficult to get a look that works iyswim?

Most of the advice avaliable is how to cover your corset, or for underbusts, or corseting to wear a spefic vintage dress etc. So it is hard to find adivce about what to do it you acutally what to show your corset

MrsLettuce Wed 22-May-13 20:25:26

How about over a blouse or shirt? might that work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now