Talk

Advanced search

Nail polish for very pale skin

(12 Posts)
xTillyx Tue 21-May-13 22:07:57

Just reading the thread about nail polish and it got me thinking. I love lots of different colours but a lot of them probably don't suit me.

What colours are best for very pale,literaly lily white skin? I find I can get away with brighter colours on toes but on hands it looks ridiculous. Deep colours look ok but I'd like something summery.

Thanks

chunkymonkeybaby Tue 21-May-13 22:20:08

Is a real bright blue-based red a bit boring? As I think that's lovely any time of year and looks fab with pale skin Or even some of the blue/turquoise colours maybe?

xTillyx Tue 21-May-13 22:31:51

No that sounds lovely. I've never tried blue colours, I always go for reds/purples. Think I'll give a minty colour a go. Thank you

chunkymonkeybaby Tue 21-May-13 22:46:28

This or something like it would look great smile

www.opiuk.com/store/blues/can-t-find-my-czechbook

xTillyx Tue 21-May-13 22:51:50

Now that is lovely!

titan Tue 21-May-13 23:00:37

I am very pale and recently discovered that a mushroom colour seems to work on fingernails. Like this. Not sure if it's summery but makes a change from my usual natural pinks and occasional reds!

chunkymonkeybaby Tue 21-May-13 23:11:35

Oooh Titan that is really nice. Or what about Leighton Denny Supermodel, think I linked yesterday but will do again as its so lovely and suits everyone!

www.leightondenny.com/product-detail/153/supermodel

titan Tue 21-May-13 23:24:23

That might be even nicer! Mushroomy with a hint of pink.

chubbychipmonk Tue 21-May-13 23:32:48

Lilac is very in at the moment, in a matt colour not shimmery kind. Rimmel do a nice one . . I have it in my drawer, will check the exact shade when I stop feeding my DS!

chubbychipmonk Tue 21-May-13 23:36:23

Rimmel 60 seconds 'how do you lilac it'. Tried to send you link but am crap! Google it for colour wink

xTillyx Wed 22-May-13 09:37:38

Thanks for all the tips, some really lovely colours that I hadn't thought of before. I'll look out for that lilac one when I go shopping x

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Wed 22-May-13 12:57:25

I am very pale and find OPI Strawberry Margarita a great summer pink. I also love Chanel Blue Satin and OPI Louvre Me Louvre Me Not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now