Advanced search

Pepperberry...

(26 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Tue 21-May-13 20:58:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Tue 21-May-13 21:07:19

CatelynStark Tue 21-May-13 21:15:59

I've no idea what the clothes will be like IRL but I dislike the tribal one. I LOVE the purple/pink one - it's gorgeous!!

soaccidentprone Tue 21-May-13 21:19:40

I agree with CSgrin

ChasingStaplers Tue 21-May-13 21:20:55

I'd go for it.
The quality varies wildly and I recently took back all but one item from an order of £300 odd.
I think if you're usually a 10 order a 10 because I was a very large 12 when I ordered and it fitted ok (apart from over the bust hmm )

The pink dress looks nice and if you order through boots treat street you get boots points on the order too.

dazzlingdeborahrose Tue 21-May-13 21:22:50

I've bought quite a bit of pepperberry. I would order your normal size. It's fairly true. If you have a bravissimo nearby you can return to the store so it may be worth ordering a couple of sizes. The clothes are cut generously over the boob area and usually in three different ways depending on how you are proportioned. So I'd you're a size 10, you could be curvy, really curvy or super curvy. Each is cut a little more generously over the bust. I find this useful particularly for more fitted items.

As both of those are relatively loose in the hip I'd judge the size on your waist measurement. I wear a 14-16 in most places, would need an 18 in button up shirts but a 12sc in their dresses and shirts. I don't buy ones which are fitted at the hip though as my hips are as wide as my norks!

What size/bust size are you?

MrsWolowitz Wed 22-May-13 08:22:51

madammoose Wed 22-May-13 08:41:19

I like Pepperberry because of the fit and think maybe you should go for a 10sc. That's what I choose & I'm usually a 10/12, 32e/f. I am short (just under 5'2").
Hope that helps - good luck!

I definitely wouldn't go for bigger than a 10, , probably a rc.

btw-please don't take this the wrong way but are you sure of your bra size? Most retailers are fitting people very badly-have a look at the bra intervention threads.

MrsWolowitz Wed 22-May-13 09:37:44

bigbadbarry Wed 22-May-13 09:39:35

Where are you? If you are close to a bravissimo they will fit you beautifully and also have pepperberry clothes in store - even if they don't have the dresses you could try on something to get an idea of sizing.

bravissimo best bet, or leia, rigby and peller, , sometimes John Lewis are ok. maybe worth having a look at the bra threads so you have an idea of you size before you go-whilst it varies a little if someone sticks you in a bra two back sizes bigger than you measure you know it's wrong

MrsWolowitz Wed 22-May-13 15:22:04

ellesabe Wed 22-May-13 16:06:46

They do free returns so I say go for it!

bonzo77 Wed 22-May-13 16:19:58

If you are a 10 if be surprised if you were a 34. I'm a 10 and a 30 back. M&s would make me a 34DD. I'm actually a 30F.

Oh and order all the sizes and send back with their free returns.

InMySpareTime Wed 22-May-13 16:26:54

M&S make me a 30E, I'm actually a 26GGshock.
I'm even a bit of an odd size for Pepperberry. On their chart I'm a super curvy, 10 chest, sub-8 waist, and 14 hips.
I make my own clothes, or adapt charity shop clothes.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-May-13 16:31:08

Thank you for this - I never knew that that company exsisted and they have loads of nice dresses in the sale for 30 quid or so.

MadBusLady Wed 22-May-13 17:19:58

I've just got back from there with two dresses. blush IME they come up big, you might find you need an 8 if you're usually a 10. Both the dresses I've got are 10RCs, and there is no way I'm a 10. In my other bag I have a Mango shirt in L and skirt in 42.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-May-13 18:29:05

Do they exist as a shop then?

I have never heard of them.

They do - some are stand alone, others are shared with Bravissimo

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-May-13 18:38:50

I will have a look out. Those dresses are very nice, I have just ordered some bargains,

I am a bit worried about bit as I am far from curvaceous but will see what they look like.

CommanderShepard Wed 22-May-13 18:48:46

The styles are lovely but be prepared to be disgruntled by the quality of fabric.

TheFallenMadonna Wed 22-May-13 18:52:29

They are short.

MadBusLady Wed 22-May-13 18:58:47

I was in the Oxford Circus one. They've not got the whole range there though.

The jersey dresses and tops aren't very different to normal ones Getorf, maybe a bit more fabric but you're not going to have gaping pockets around the norks or anything. The structured things like shirts and non-stretch dresses might fit a bit differently. Not even sure why they do jersey stuff, really, that's never the problem.

The fabrics and prints have much improved since I've been buying them, but I've never been one to cavil at a bit of polyester <cheap>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now