Talk

Advanced search

Me again. Interview is tomorrow. I look positively matronly.

(11 Posts)
cherhorowitz Tue 21-May-13 20:23:34

After last night's thread on jeans to an interview, I have taken your advice and managed to buy myself a high waisted knee length pencil skirt. While it does accentuate my tummy since it only looks right with my shirt tucked in it also makes me look very professional.

So the outfit is: a white shirt with delicate gold stud detail on the collar, a high waisted black pencil skirt, black opaque tights, black jersey blazer and a heeled black brogues. I'm going to wear a nude toned leather scalloped edged oversized satchel to add a little bit more colour to the look without actually going for colour and my hair down and styled (just had a trim on a shoulder length layered style).

BUT, what make up is acceptable? Do I go for a nude lip or a coral to add some colour with champagne eyes with a touch of eyeliner and mascara? I wear glasses so I need something more than mascara to make my eyes stand out but not too much. I truly am hopeless and overthinking so thank you for any replies!

Outfit sounds good.

Wrt make-up, don't try anything new and keep it simple. Champagne eyeshadow, liner and mascara sounds perfect. I wouldn't bother with lips unless lips are your thing.

Don't wear jewellery you'll be tempted to fiddle with.

Good luck! Let us know how you got on.

BunnyLebowski Tue 21-May-13 21:16:02

Outfit and bag sound great.

Do the eyes - that's the bit they'll be looking at.

No colour on the lips just some natural gloss or balm.

I also want to know where you got your skirt from please grin

XBenedict Tue 21-May-13 21:17:16

Good luck smile

cherhorowitz Tue 21-May-13 21:20:48

I found it in Dorothy Perkins in the sale for £10. I managed to borrow £15 from my dad to look a bit more presentable grin He really wants me to get the job, bless him.

Lips are my thing. I'm a bold lip lover so natural gloss would be a departure but would definitely work.

Thank you all!

BunnyLebowski Tue 21-May-13 21:21:34

Ooooh a bargain no less!

Good luck!

DewDr0p Tue 21-May-13 21:24:55

You don't sound matronly OP - that outfit sounds fab! Agree with makeup suggestions already given.

Good luck!

cherhorowitz Tue 21-May-13 21:40:05

What do you think of manicured nails with a coat of iridescent champagne nail varnish? I can't bear to go bare and it looks just a tad more polished than natural. Nails nicely filed squoval.

newgirl Tue 21-May-13 21:43:08

That sounds really fab

Now get off here and research the company and think of good questions and answers!

Good luck!

cherhorowitz Tue 21-May-13 22:23:51

The real stuff now. Argh.

I have a list of notes on my phone to read through before heading in to the office and have done as much as I can. If I don't remember it all now, I won't.

tethersend Tue 21-May-13 22:36:14

I was going to say go for bold lips, so if that's your thing, do it.

Don't forget, at the end of the interview when they ask if you've any questions, ask "Is there anything I haven't covered?", as it gives them a chance to probe you <snigger> further on anything they need to know.

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now