Talk

Advanced search

Allergic to fake tan-help me not be see through!

(10 Posts)
fatedtopretend Tue 21-May-13 20:00:07

Every fake tan I've tried be it mousse, mist, cream, spray or gradual has made me have a big reaction, I do not have time for sunbeds as a f/t working single mum but am sick of looking ill. Does anyone have any idea what I can do?!

MrsLettuce Tue 21-May-13 20:15:59

Hows about wearing colours (make up / clothing) that compliment your beautiful pale skin?

cocolepew Tue 21-May-13 20:16:57

Teabag. It's retro and vintage.

fatedtopretend Tue 21-May-13 21:20:37

As much as I'd love to say I'm pale and interesting/English rose, in reality I am pasty and cornbeefy! I just want a non allergy inducing tan!!

cocolepew Tue 21-May-13 21:22:57

Have you tried all off them?
I use the Garnier gradual tan, or the Rimmel wash off one.

MrsLettuce Tue 21-May-13 21:25:27

Have you tried a bronzing powder?

FrogsgoLaDiLaDiLa Tue 21-May-13 21:29:42

I have the same issue but there are 2 that I can (sort of) get away with. 'St Tropez Everyday gradual tan for body-Light/Medium' is ok on my legs.

On my face, every so often I use 'Olay Complete care everyday sunshine, moisturiser with a touch of sunless tanner'.

My arms seem to just pick up some natural colour through summer exposure and I don't plan on anyone seeing my stomach for quite some time yet so that doesn't matter!!

catslave Tue 21-May-13 21:43:20

I have this issue - after Sienna X I had to go to the doctor for antihistamines! I am fine with Fake Bake and St Trop, plus something called Suntana (which was best colour of the lot, and I am v. pale / freckly). Ask local salons for a patch test of everything they have to see what dosn't react... and don't even think about the sunbeds unless you want to risk being leathery or prematurely dead!

fatedtopretend Sat 25-May-13 15:14:29

It's the DHA in fake tan I'm allergic to. Going to try an instant one every day and see if it gets too messy hmm

mirai Sat 25-May-13 15:20:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now