Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Outfit for family wedding required

(8 Posts)
mrsbang Tue 23-May-06 17:37:53

Stepsister is getting married in a couple of weeks and I need something to wear and I don't know what to get....have left it a tad late (a) because I've been losing weight and (b) wasn't sure we were going.

Anyway I need some ideas as to what to wear.

I'm 5 ft 7, apple-shaped - reasonable bust, and small hips but big tum, hips size 18, top half due to tum 20 (dependent on style).

I'm fair skinned too.

Any ideas anyone?

controlfreaky Tue 23-May-06 17:59:06

monsoon is usually a good bet for this sort of thing.

compo Tue 23-May-06 18:01:25

also Designers at Debenhams ave nice reasonable stuff

mrsbang Tue 23-May-06 20:34:47

Thanks. Don't think there's a Monsoon close by, but we've got a Debenhams, so will take a look.

Any advice on what sort of style I should go for?

mrsbang Wed 24-May-06 09:41:11

mrsbang Wed 24-May-06 12:43:14

anyone?

bundle Wed 24-May-06 12:58:57

Apple-shaped
People with this shape often have a 'shortish' neck. Elongate your neck by wearing V-necklines, or even showing a little cleavage - but keep it simple. Avoid anything figure hugging. Keep to flowing lines - wide legged trousers or flared skirts will draw attention away from the waist. Wear them with longish loose shirts or jackets.

(also - no pockets on jackets/tops)

mrsbang Wed 24-May-06 14:53:52

That's great advice, thanks Bundle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: