Talk

Advanced search

Help . Evening out in Paris with glam young people

(10 Posts)
SalsaBride Tue 21-May-13 18:18:55

Help .... I am doing a charity cycle ride London to Paris . The group are chatting on Facebook about taking a glam outfit for a night out in Paris when we arrive ( they all seem very young 20's 30's). I am 44, have small children so never 'go out' , have never been to any sort of 'club' for 25 years ...... I am size 10 on a good day, and in the right shops (!) 5'10 with the most hideous knees ever which cannot be shown.........I suit warm autumn colours ( according to 'colour me beautiful' a fair few years ago !) Please advise. - have utterly no idea.......

Ethlinn Tue 21-May-13 18:37:51

I know you said warm autumn colours. But I am not a fashion expert so will say something totally different: some sort of little black dress maybe? I've learnt that it really suits any occasion. I have one that I wear to all occasions when I'm not sure what to wear. Never felt over- or underdressed in it!

BandersnatchCummerbund Tue 21-May-13 18:39:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsLettuce Tue 21-May-13 19:19:57

No idea of budget, but this would likely be stunnign on you.

SalsaBride Tue 21-May-13 20:00:50

Have seen this :
www.karenmillenoutletdressesshop.co.uk/karen-millen-summer-tuxedo-dress-black-p-10671.html
Is it mutton ?

Ethlinn Tue 21-May-13 20:06:44

I love this dress!!! It is absolutely stunning!!! And I love the jumpsuit too. It's true that being tall and slim you can wear anything and look gorgeous!!

swavesey Thu 23-May-13 16:41:43

You could book an appointment with the John Lewis fashion advisor and give them your 'brief'. They don't charge for appointments and you don't feel obliged to buy what they come up with. I've always had great success with them and would highly recommend.

MadBusLady Thu 23-May-13 18:56:12

The Karen Millen black one is stunning, and hard to imagine where it would look out of place. Definitely not mutton IMO.

If you're Autumn though, you might suit the bronze sequin one that came up in the sidebar, though I'd want to see how "loud" the sequins are in person.

Drywhiteplease Thu 23-May-13 20:55:23

Get the black !!!!! Très chic,très ou la la....and the shoes too!
Defo not mutton.....I'm 46 and I'd wear it. I'm not a mutton type or at least I don't think so grin
Coated black skinnies (if you hate you knees) some killer heels, a nice top, sharp blazer,clutch....nice look too

MadBusLady Thu 23-May-13 22:24:15

I don't know whether this matters to you, but I've been looking further at that site and it must be KM knock-offs I think. So no particular guarantee of quality presumably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now