Talk

Advanced search

In need of a dress up to £200

(7 Posts)
mamaonion Tue 21-May-13 16:16:33

It's my brothers wedding and I want to look my best! Feeling pretty blah right now. I'm tall and slim quite well proportioned but with a bit of a pouchy tummy so drapey or clingy can be unflattering. I envisaged something in a bold colour like coral or emerald green. Not so much one for pastels or frills. I loved this and the top half was gorgeous but bottom half was sooooo tight showed every lump and bump.
I'm 31, medium skin tone brown hair. I aim for sleek, simple, sophisticated! Reality is jeans jeans jeans as a mostly sahm so really out of comfort zone and low on confidence!
Ps won't be in the fascinator gang don't think I can do that! Perhaps a hat if it was necessary but rather let dress and accessories do the talking-mistake?

Hope someone stylish out there can help!!!

MrsLettuce Tue 21-May-13 16:26:08

this is incredibly flattering, disappears lumps and bumps rather than emphasizing them.

Will have a proper look for you later

FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 16:28:06

jade
green
bow back
slinky
orange
drapey
karen millen
sleeves

FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 16:28:39

link snap mrslettuce grin

Littleturkish Tue 21-May-13 16:29:26

I LOVE that dress!

Would spanx not do the trick?

mamaonion Tue 21-May-13 16:42:39

Fox and lettuce I love the one you both suggested-right going to get down to House of Fraser and try that! The orange one is great too.
Had thought about spanx but they seem so uncomfortable and to roll up/roll down bulge at sides I just gave up!!! That was m and a own brand bug pants though, maybe there are better products out there!
Thanks ladies!

mamaonion Tue 21-May-13 16:44:37

* M and S own brand I mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now