Talk

Advanced search

Most flattering dress ever? What shoes?

(7 Posts)
Lambzig Tue 21-May-13 14:34:42

I just bought this dress. It's so flattering, even made my post baby 10 lb overweight body look good. First time I have felt I look nice since DS was born. I nearly cried with relief after looking a fright in several jersey dresses I have tried recently.

www.meandem.com/collection/dresses/halter-neck-swing-dress/products_id/1508/cPath/876_884_932

Mumsnet style gurus, please help. What shoes would work to stop me wearing my grubby old flip flops, that look smart, but casual and that are comfortable for walking 20 mins or so or wearing all day?

Also, what could I wear with it if its cooler weather?

FauxFox Tue 21-May-13 14:43:46

That's a beautiful dress smile Flat gladiator style sandals (i'd have gold) or tan wedges for dressing up a bit i'd say. I'd also wear it with biker or cowboy boots and a denim jacket for a warmer/tougher look but I realise that's not for everyone...would also look good with leopard ballet flats...

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 21-May-13 14:45:59

Its beautiful. I love it. Did you buy the black or navy?

Could you wear ballet pump style shoes?

Can I ask - how does the sizing come up? I am a petite size 10 with a bottom and thighs but no boobs, and I am wondering whether to get this dress www.meandem.com/collection/dresses/high-neck-swing-dress/products_id/1349/cPath/876_884_932 from there in a size 8-10 or size 10-12.

Congratulations on your baby. I remember very well having DS2 and trying soooooo many things on and only finding a few things (in Phase Eight) that were confortable and flattering. I bought them in every colour.

Lambzig Tue 21-May-13 14:46:17

I find gladiator sandals really unflattering on me. Like the idea of tan wedges though.

Legs too short and chunky to pull off boots and skirts.

Lambzig Tue 21-May-13 14:51:38

Hi happy, I bought the navy as black is a bit harsh on me post baby, I don't know why, I used to wear it all the time. DS is six months, but I am struggling to get back into shape second time around.

I find me+em sizing tricky. I am a twelve normally, but take their medium normally and even have some small which fits. I got this dress in a large as medium had sold out and it fits fine, but maybe that is the style of dress. I would say size down normally though.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 21-May-13 15:06:02

Thanks Lambzig I have bought the high neck swing dress in a small. I will see what its like. Got 10% off for registering, which was good.

Now I need to put my card away!

I am so pleased that you're pleased with your purchase. Where and when are you going to wear it?

Lambzig Tue 21-May-13 15:07:44

Well, definitely lunch with my sister if its nice, garden parties, evenings on holiday, a work thing I have to go to in July.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now