Talk

Advanced search

I need a new summer jacket. What sort do you wear?

(12 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Tue 21-May-13 14:15:09

I need a new summer jacket. I haven't really had one for the last few years and have limped through without one. I think this inbetween weather is really throwing me - do I need a hip length mac; or a jersey blazer; or what? I was thinking of this. Anyone got any other suggestions? What sort of jacket do you wear in Spring/Summer?

JazzDalek Tue 21-May-13 16:40:01

It is something I still struggle with...I get by at the moment with half a dozen different jackets, have not yet managed to find one that covers all bases. Most worn lately:

Dark brown leather jacket
Brown moleskin blazer
Knee-length Toast coat in lightweight tweedy waffly cotton (have only had this a week and am in love with it)
Unstructured navy jersey blazer

Snowgirl1 Tue 21-May-13 21:58:24

Glad to know it's not just me that struggles with this Jazz. Is it this Toast coat? It's v. nice. Tad too expensive for me (even it if is an amazing reduction), but I like the idea of something like that.

I'll keep searching

WipsGlitter Tue 21-May-13 22:01:57

I saw a nice parka on the suzie so-so blog. And then patterned and padded ones on another.

Snowgirl1 Tue 21-May-13 23:45:20

Thanks WipsGlitter like the parka on suzie so-so blog, but I have a winter parka and fancy something different for a change. Not seen that blog before and rather like it, so thanks for that too

JazzDalek Tue 21-May-13 23:56:27

Oooh no, that's too expensive for me too grin I like it a lot, though. Mine was on Brandalley for £69.

It depends. At the moment I wear:

Denim jacket
Smarter shower resistant mac for work
Linen and jersey blazer
Black/grey leopard print pac a mac (slightly shower proof)
Proper waterproof for wet dog walks

If I was rich I would love a properly waterproof trench coat like aigle or
Rohan or aquascutum

aoife24 Wed 22-May-13 19:58:33

If the weather gets a bit drier, I'm hoping to get a good amount of waer from this from Toast.

Snowgirl1 Wed 22-May-13 21:10:51

Jazzalley - bargain.

BillStickers - so it looks like most people need several spring summer jackets. I was hoping to get something which ticked every box (showerproof, stylish, suitable for casual, suitable for smart), but I guess that's unrealistic. Maybe, I should start with a hip length mac...

Aoife24 - very nice, but too expensive for me.

I alternate between a chocolate biker, a cropped trench, a denim jacket and a parka shaped mac for rainy days. I get the most wear out of the biker jacket, so am adding another to my wish list!

Snowgirl1 Wed 22-May-13 21:50:06

Remus is your biker leather? Had been toying with the idea of looking for a cream leather biker - but I'm wondering if it would be too warm when summer proper eventually arrives <ever the optimist>

Yup. Obvs I don't wear it when it's warm! Tbh I think cream would be pretty dangerous - but I am v good at getting dirty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now