Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Perfect Curl

(14 Posts)
Housewife2010 Tue 21-May-13 13:52:36

Has anyone tried this? I'm really tempted, but it's a big extravagance so I'd like some advice.

Queenofknickers Tue 21-May-13 14:06:45

Place marking shamelessly as I'm keen to know this too grin

Housewife2010 Tue 21-May-13 14:11:12

It's on Buyapowa now - I'd really appreciate it if anyone else indulging would use my link - [[http://www.buyapowa.com/ref/hZxFyV ]]. I want to get it, but can anyone tell me how easy it is to use?

fergoose Tue 21-May-13 14:14:58

I have heard it only curls tiny bits of hair and isn't really good. My hairdresser said barrel tongs were much better, and cheaper, and told me not to waste my money. They had a couple in the salon and didn't rate it at all.

HongkongDreamer Tue 21-May-13 14:15:55

I have one, its easy enough to use, takes practise thou plus it doesnt help that my hair is naturally curly but I straighten it lol

Housewife2010 Tue 21-May-13 14:18:22

Thank you Hongkong. I have long thick hair and haven't styled it for years but feel I need to start doing something with it. Do the curls last any longer than with conventional curling tongs?

HongkongDreamer Tue 21-May-13 14:30:48

Im not sure, only every used that one

HongkongDreamer Tue 21-May-13 14:31:07

*ever

SorrelForbes Tue 21-May-13 14:58:15

They are amazing. Much, much easier to use than tongs or GHDs. I am the most cack-handed person I know and it takes me about 5 minutes to curl all my (shoulder length) hair. I have my hair done at a big city centre salon and that's all they use now for curling.

They give really glossy curls with no funny ends that you sometimes get when using tongs/GHDs. They take about a 3-4cm section of hair at a time. The curls last for about two days on me. I usually curl from about two thirds of the way down the hair and then brush out the ringlets to make loose, vintage style curls. They'll still be there the next day.

Nehru Tue 21-May-13 16:23:08

You're not allowed to spam links op

Housewife2010 Tue 21-May-13 17:19:23

Nehru, I'm sorry. I didn't realise I was spamming or I wasn't allowed to add a link. I posted because I'm keen to get opinions on the Perfect Curl & whether it's worth the money.

Housewife2010 Tue 21-May-13 17:20:22

Sorrel, Thanks for the reply. It's really useful. I want one.

BadPoet Tue 21-May-13 19:58:33

I have one too. It's amazing. I have curled my hair to go out 4 times already (had it 3 weeks and don't go out much, so that would be every time then). I have also used it on dd to give her 'Hermione hair'.

I am hopeless with hair, hate spending time on it, have never mastered anything other than quick straightening. My hair is naturally quite wavy, blow dried mostly straight. This gives me more deliberate looking waves, or curls. Honestly I don't 'do' hair styling and I can do this.

MrsBertMacklin Tue 21-May-13 20:04:03

Looks fun, but I know it would end up in the styling tools graveyard under my bed after a few months. I wish there was a service where you could hire stuff like this (see also, sandwich toasters, breadmakers).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now