Talk

Advanced search

Right! I shall be dying my hair brown. Which one girls?

(13 Posts)
spikemomma Tue 21-May-13 13:20:43

Sick of looking a dog! I'm going to dye my hair (semi permanent- not permanent).

I want a natural brown colour. My normal hair colour is classed as dark blonde- apparently, which is news to me cos its just mid/dark brown with a slight reddish tint to it when it sees sun. So....which is the best on the market. (I am crap at this sort of stuff!) what do you recommend? X

Mumelie Tue 21-May-13 14:13:21

I use the Nice & Easy Light Ash Brown (think 75 or 7.5) which is good. When I was darker I liked Castings in Caramel - long lasting but left my hair in good condition.

cerealqueen Tue 21-May-13 14:58:56

Go for a lighter colour as semi permanent often come out way too dark, I'd second casting too. I'm dark blond too though always thought I just had mousy brown hair!

JennySense Tue 21-May-13 15:01:10

I've had good results with John Frieda foam. Take into account your skin tone when choosing a colour smile

spikemomma Thu 23-May-13 18:43:43

That will be blue and zitty then jennysense! Thank you girls I shall take your wisdom into consideration. I woosed out this week, as I got it cut and it made it look a lot more respectable. I can't face the colour quandary this week, I will research your suggestions and procrastinate for another week!

Fillyjonk75 Thu 23-May-13 18:57:11

Excellence Dark Blonde comes out really nice.

John Frieda foam v good, but I have dark hair so can't advise on shade.

fossil971 Thu 23-May-13 19:03:05

Try a medium or light golden brown, they always come out darker than you think. Anything with red or copper might look nice but will look obviously dyed. I use Excellence creme Golden brown 5.3 which is a very natural colour, but that's permanent.

spikemomma Sat 25-May-13 22:30:58

Thanks lady's. I am defo waaaay too scared to go permanent yet!

OneLittleLady Sat 25-May-13 22:34:14

Always ALWAYS choose the lighter of two shades. Semi permanent or permanent, they always come out darker than the box shows. If in any doubt when choosing between two or three shades, ALWAYS go for the lightest one. I really can't stress that enough.

beachyhead Sat 25-May-13 22:44:50

I used Nice and Easy Mid Brown, which sounded dead boring, but actually came out really nicely

MrsShrek3 Sat 25-May-13 22:57:54

stick to the ash blonde if your hair has reddish tendencies - anything else tends to go orangey after a couple of weeks <experience talking wink >

awaywego1 Sun 26-May-13 10:17:00

Nice and easy covers the best for me-but a shade lighter than what you want is a good tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now