Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding in a wedding outfit

(8 Posts)
dieciocho Tue 21-May-13 12:14:09

Hi,

I'm off to a wedding next month with my baby who'll be 5 months and a very messy eater grin I'll still be breastfeeding, so what on earth do I wear!? confused
I've only ever worn dresses to weddings - I'm not exactly a trouser suit type of person.
I'll probably have to feed in the church and definitely a number of times at the reception.

Any help appreciated.

SpottyTeacakes Tue 21-May-13 12:29:51

I've got a wedding on Saturday and a six month old. I bought this it looks nicer on. I didn't want to spend much as I will probably won't wear it again....

MyNameIsSuz Tue 21-May-13 12:35:04

Agreed, the wrap dress is your friend! With either a cover up, to avoid a completely exposed boob, or a short vest top underneath which you can pull up.

SpottyTeacakes Tue 21-May-13 12:37:40

Oh diec it's you grin I am planning on pulling it down and throwing a muslin over his head to hide boob

titan Tue 21-May-13 13:25:31

A dress with a stretchy jersey wrap-type neck or v neck. Something like this. Accessorised with a pashmina worn to keep arms warm, then adjusted to protect your modesty when you whip a boob out in the church. Easy. I never bothered with specific breastfeeding clothes, just bought a few nice things that I would wear agin.

dieciocho Tue 21-May-13 16:57:24

Thanks for the ideas.
Yeah, I intend to pull whatever I'm wearing down, rather than up! That's lovely titan, but ouch at the price grin
Good advice re: pashmina.

Yes, spotty, it's me! Blimey, that dress is short!

SpottyTeacakes Tue 21-May-13 17:00:32

Haha it's not short! It comes halfway down my thighs! I'm short though wink

dieciocho Wed 22-May-13 08:40:45

Ha ha! Yeah, me too - it'd probably come to my ankles grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now