Talk

Advanced search

i need some jeans...proper ones, not that flimsy stuff

(19 Posts)
snowqueenrollo Tue 21-May-13 09:50:48

it's been about a million years since I last bought jeans....post pregnancy I have no hope of getting back into the old ones (my body shape has changed, it's not about weight gain)

The problem I have is that everywhere seems to sell 'jeans' that actually are just flimsy denim, with stretch added. I don't want that. I want a pair of properly heavy grade denim jeans.
What brands should I be looking at?

snowqueenrollo Tue 21-May-13 09:51:45

sorry....preferably available to order online because I live in a rural bubble with no decent clothes shops and travelling not really an option right now.

Sonotkylie Tue 21-May-13 09:54:13

Gap.
I know what you mean ... On my last depressing jeans buying foray, I popped in there, having tried on loads of things leggings pretending to be jeans, expecting more of the same, but lo, it was denim ... the staff promised me then they would always use actual material! And I believe ...

Sonotkylie Tue 21-May-13 09:55:04

Sorry, are you me? Same problem ... Gap again, customer service is amazing.

TapselteerieO Tue 21-May-13 09:55:06

Uniqlo - though I only have heatech ones but they are pretty sturdy and it is almost too warm to wear them, though we will be getting more snow on the hills and cold north winds later this week - so I will probably still be wearing them throughout "summer".

JazzDalek Tue 21-May-13 09:58:15

Howies jeans are good, not high fashion or anything but solid and well-made, great quality.

Looking at them now, they do have stretch though.

www.howies.co.uk/womens/womens-clothing/womens-organic-denim-jeans.html

AgentProvocateur Tue 21-May-13 09:59:59

Gap straight leg. They sit at the right place on your waist too - NK builders bum!

TapselteerieO Tue 21-May-13 10:00:54

Here is a review of monkee gene's jeans.

snowqueenrollo Tue 21-May-13 11:14:17

oo lots of goodies, thank you!

Them monkey genes are a bit lovely aren't they....

I may have to buy several pairs of jeans (and no more babies so I don't have to do this again. I HATE clothes shopping)

LaRegina Tue 21-May-13 11:28:00

Levi's are my favourite - they last forever. Their straight leg ones are a good fit for me.

bunchofposy Tue 21-May-13 12:58:17

My fave jeans are some Lee Cooper ones I bought from a proper jeans shop in Bristol 8 years ago. Before that I had some levis for years, which I regret ditching. The other ones come and go from my wardrobe and aren't as good as the real thing!

Merguez Tue 21-May-13 17:54:57

usually go for Levis or Gap

Tilpil Tue 21-May-13 22:03:49

Levi's all the way just remember not to put in the dryer I now have a pair of peddle pushers

Rebecca54 Wed 22-May-13 09:08:46

Another vote for Levis. I have yet to find any that fit me better and last longer. More expensive - but good value for money in the long run!

foxysocks Wed 22-May-13 09:37:55

my diesel and paige jeans are the best in terms of thickness and durability

wetsand Wed 22-May-13 11:37:10

Someone on here recommended Gap's 'sexy boyfriend' hmm jeans a few weeks ago, so I went to try some on - they are brilliant! Substantial, so comfy, straight leg but not uncomfortably skinny. Thank you, whoever you were!

WhatchaMaCalllit Wed 22-May-13 11:40:16

Can you order Levi jeans online? Do they do their numbered range (like 501's and all the others that were hits in the 1990's, which was the last time I bought a pair of Levi's) or are they now "Curve", "Super Curvy", "Slow down with those curves" type ranges? Also do they do them in a size 16 still or have they moved to the 7FAM type sizing?

Sorry for all the questions but I could do with a proper pair of jeans that will last.

TapselteerieO Wed 22-May-13 12:53:05

Zalando have many brands to choose from, and they do free delivery/returns which might help you try a few different brands before making a decision.

dexter73 Wed 22-May-13 13:21:16

WhatchaMaCallit - you can buy Levis online here. As well as their normal range of jeans they do the curve ID range split into slight, demi and bold curve. They do go up to a 16 but I also find their sizing a bit on the large size so you might need to size down. I love their jeans and have several pairs! I would recommend going into the store to get measured to find out what type of 'curve' you are and what size you need. They are always incredibly helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now