Talk

Advanced search

Need a dinner jacket/ suit for ds

(8 Posts)
Merguez Tue 21-May-13 09:49:58

Anybody know where I can buy a nice dj (and trousers) for ds - 14 (but size 13 would fit).
Proper traditional one, for wearing at school ball.
Just had a horrific experience with ebay, which seems to have nothing suitable. So think I am going to have to buy new - but can save it for ds2 and then sell it on.
M&S has nothing for teenagers.
Anyone got any good recommendations please?

NotALondoner Tue 21-May-13 09:53:16

What about a hire shop?

blue2 Tue 21-May-13 09:53:36

My DS is now just big enough to fit into M&S stuff which I have been recommended as a good 'starter' DJ.

I have had success with Debenhams before now. Got DS a great navy linen suit from there a few years ago, and I know they do wedding gear for teenagers. That's my best suggestion!

Merguez Tue 21-May-13 10:03:46

We live out in the sticks so hire is tricky. Is it still Moss Bros?

Nothing suitable on Debenhams website.

DS is very skinny don't think M&S adult size will fit ...

Greydog Tue 21-May-13 10:13:49

Got any good charity shops near you? My DH got a beautiful evening suit for £15.00 - looked as if it had never been worn!

Merguez Tue 21-May-13 17:26:36

Sadly no good charity shops in our neck of the woods either

wonkylegs Tue 21-May-13 17:30:43

BHS - try their website they have an extensive special occasions section for boys & girls

Mbear Tue 21-May-13 17:31:38

A lot of them are wearing suits from places like topman - they have a skinny fit which suits them, and they are also pretty cheap.

I've done the photos for a school ball for the last 5/6 years and the amount of DJs worn has gone down significantly, although I realise some may have stricter dress codes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now