Talk

Advanced search

Which combination?

(8 Posts)
Hadagutsful Mon 20-May-13 20:55:07

OK, so here is my dilemma.

I have a hen party to attend. I will have to travel for 2 hours on the train in the morning and late evening in order to attend and then get home. The day is going to comprise a city-wide treasure hunt followed by afternoon tea in an uber-cool cafe bar. We then have a few hours in the bride's house to chill out and get changed, then it's off for cocktails in (again) a super swanky bar.

Combination A (total cost about £40)
* For journey out, treasure hunt and afternoon tea:
Longline blazer over cream lace top/vest, skinny jeans and pumps.
* For cocktails and return journey:
Same blazer over black and silver sequin tunic, skinny jeans and platforms (though change back to pumps for return journey!!)

Combination B (total cost about £60)
* For journey out, treasure hunt and afternoon tea:
Black and floral maxi dress with wedge sandals and denim jacket
* For cocktails and return journey:
Black wide leg jumpsuit (like this, but not actually this one), denim jacket, statement collar necklace, probably with the same sandals I guess.

My issue is that I will have to carry round all my clothes all day. Also, please be gentle if this sounds awful. I'm new to caring what I look like. smile Thanks for any opinions!

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Mon 20-May-13 21:02:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsLettuce Mon 20-May-13 21:05:18

combo B

Hadagutsful Mon 20-May-13 21:35:17

Thanks both. I could work on Combo C, which could involve the jumpsuit for the evening and something else for the day... Any thoughts? Don't really want to wear the jumpsuit with another top over it as the party is in June and it may (hopefully!) be too warm...?

angusandelspethsthistlewhistle Mon 20-May-13 21:41:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

finlaysmum12 Mon 20-May-13 21:46:28

combo A, extra £20 for cocktails!

Hadagutsful Mon 20-May-13 21:46:42

Maxi dress is pretty thin, will screw up roll up quite small. Thinking it's probably not chic enough for the cafe bar though, on balance. Grr.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 20-May-13 21:54:19

A

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now