Talk

Advanced search

How can I get rid of my frizzy hair?

(14 Posts)
Hawkinzy Mon 20-May-13 19:54:41

Are there any products (that are within a reasonable price range smile) you could recommend that could help get rid of the frizzyiness? I never blow dry my hair but always leave it to dry naturally if that's relevant. The frizz is starting to irritate me, I just want to trim it all off! Also definitely gets much much worse in damp/humid weather hmm

toucancancan Mon 20-May-13 19:58:29

Watching with interest as this sounds like my hair too.

Cyb Mon 20-May-13 20:00:46

If you embrace the wave in your hair, when its wet put some Oil in it, like Argan . Scrunch it dry with your fists. I put Umberto Giannini stuff on my hair 'Curly Girl' when I want waves with minimum frizz.

A light hair spray makes a difference too.

potatofactory Mon 20-May-13 20:00:52

Watching, frizzily...

Megsdaughter Mon 20-May-13 20:01:20

John Frieda frizzee serum, wouldnt be without it

Cyb Mon 20-May-13 20:01:38

If you do want it straighter, a Babyliss Big Hair is a frizzy gals friend

PoppyAmex Mon 20-May-13 20:03:22

Home keratin treatment - 20 something pounds and life changing.

here

Disastronaut Mon 20-May-13 20:10:31

I've struggled with frizz for ever & have tried everything under the sun. If I could have got it to go in proper curls I'd have stuck with it but, no, always just mad frizz. Have finally given up & embraced blow dries & tongs. Worse for the hair & a massive hassle but nicer hair.

If you find the miracle product please do post it - I'd love to go back to natural drying & my 'real' hair!

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 20-May-13 20:19:55

Blow drying

John Frieda Frizz Ease

Regular hair cuts

Tresemme silicon free shampoo and conditioner

toucancancan Mon 20-May-13 20:20:24

poppy how often do you need to do the keratin kit, and is it very harsh on you hair?

tammytwigg Mon 20-May-13 20:25:52

I use that keratin treatment, it's amazing cuts the frizz right out, even when you blast with an hair dryer , I do mine every three months the condition is brilliant best thing ever .

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-May-13 20:27:46

I second the keratin home kit, lasts between 6 weeks and two months. Used to cost about £200 when they first launched it in salons.

Might make your hair TOO straight and sleek though. I have a short bob and I actually prefer it with more body so stopped doing keratin. You get enough for 2or 3 treatments in the kit btw.

PoppyAmex Mon 20-May-13 20:31:38

I got sick of buying every product under the sun, so had the Japanese Keratin done a couple of times in Sydney 4 years ago (400 dollars each) shock

Then read about the amazon one on Mumsnet and tried it (DH did the manual labour) and was blown away. It's a faff to apply but for 8 months of perfect hair, it's worth it.

It's seriously good and left my hair in excellent condition. Not to mention no more straightening irons or hot blow drying, which improves the condition too.

It's also not toxic smelling (smells of pineapple) and so far it has lasted for 8 months, but I religiously only use the recommended type of shampoo/conditioner. I chose this one because it has a lovely smell.

Don't be tempted to put any products in your hair after you'e done it though, salt (sodium) and sulphates will strip your hair of the keratin and it won't last. I learned that 4 years ago the hard way.

Hawkinzy Tue 21-May-13 06:50:51

Thanks for your replies everyone! grin Never heard of the keratin kit things but they sound like they will do the trick, I just don't like having straight hair confused However I'll try Cyb's first post, and also the John Frieda stuff that a few mentioned and if all fail then keratin kit it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now