Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for longhaul flight

(11 Posts)
swavesey Mon 20-May-13 13:51:54

What would be a good outfit to wear for a 10 hr flight when you get on in the chilly UK, and it's hot at the other end? I'd like to be a bit smarter than jeans and a fleece, but also want to be comfy and warm.

PasswordProtected Mon 20-May-13 13:55:05

I have a silk and linen shirt and trousers that I wear on long-haul with a pashmina for cooler moments. Anything loose-fitting, natural fibres and layers is good.

springlamb Mon 20-May-13 14:00:23

Is it a really early flight?
Mine usually are, and I commit the sin of going to the airport in thin socks and sandals then whipping off the socks once I'm on the flight. Loose/soft/baggy (maybe the thin chambray) jeans, with layers on the top, and good flipflops in your bag.
A pashmina in your hand luggage to snuggle in during the flight, and a poncho stuffed into your hold luggage at the last minute.
Something to put your hair up with at the other end if you walk out into humidity.

Yonihadtoask Mon 20-May-13 14:03:29

Something comfortable. No tight jeans or restrictive fabrics.

The last long haul flight I was on I wore leggings and an assortment of tshirts and jumpers - so I could strip off according to the /my temperature.

merlin Mon 20-May-13 14:10:20

Wen I flew to Oz in March I wore leggings, tunic, lightweight jacket that could roll up in my bag, Converse on my feet with flip flops in my bag and a pashmina for sleeping and draping around myself in a hopefully stylish manner upon arrival!!!!

valiumredhead Mon 20-May-13 14:12:14

Pajamas...

butterfliesinmytummy Mon 20-May-13 14:24:59

We flew 24 hours from Asia to US last month. I wore jeggings, t shirt, cashmere jumper and a thick silk pashmina along with converse and lovely flight socks. I always feel the cold on flights and airports are always air conditioned so don't worry about being too warm unless you have a long transfer without air con....

Lorelei353 Mon 20-May-13 14:25:10

A dress with leggings is great as you're cosy and comfy on board but can take the leggings off at the other end and be much cooler.

forevergreek Mon 20-May-13 14:28:47

I usually do dress and tights/ leggings, with ballet pumps. Then you can take off tights when you arrive. It's comfy also. I usually have a mid length cashmere cardigan that doubles as a blanket if needed

EuroShaggleton Mon 20-May-13 14:28:52

I tend to wear jeans on the bottom and multiple layers on the top (so you can peel them off when you arrive), including having some sort of wrap type thing to hand in case the plane is really chilly.

I prefer to always wear shoes with socks when flying in case they want the shoes off at security (I don't want to walk barefoot across the grotty airport floor, thanks very much).

themaltesecat Mon 20-May-13 14:33:26

A cardigan or something warm, too- it gets really chilly at 33,000 feet, and it's awkward ringing the flight attendant for blankets when everyone around you is asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now