Talk

Advanced search

Clarins BB cream

(10 Posts)
gailforce1 Mon 20-May-13 09:45:36

I have been given a sample of the Clarins BB cream and wondered if anyone else has tried it? I don't know how much it is but guess it will be pricey and wonder if it is worth the money?

LaRegina Mon 20-May-13 12:46:07

Have you tried it yet? I tried it at the weekend and wiped it all off and started again after about an hour. For a start the colour was horribly orange and way too dark - I tried 'medium' (I'm olive skinned so anything lighter is usually too light for me).

It was also very greasy and rather than hide imperfections it seemed to highlight them horribly! I have pretty good skin normally but after using this I suddenly had big open pores and bags under my eyes. I was actually quite shocked how bad I looked! It also felt really gloopy and I felt like I had a gloopy layer on my skin - I couldn't wait to wipe it all off.

I do sometimes use Clarins and generally like their products, so I'm surprised how bad this was.

Anyway it's back to my Nivea tinted moisturiser for me - takes ten years off me and only costs about £4 smile

gailforce1 Mon 20-May-13 18:08:19

No I have'nt tried it yet and, like you, am a fan of Nivea tinted moisturiser which I found thanks to MN!
Will report back tomorrow..

bella65 Mon 20-May-13 18:17:08

I haven't tried it but have read the review on the website Beautypedia (Paula's Choice) and she slates it- saying it is too highly perfumed. I find that with all Clarins products which is why I don't buy them.

I have just bought Bobbi Brown BB cream and really like it.

optionalExtras Mon 20-May-13 18:24:08

I bought some La Roche Posay BB recently not entirely sure it was going to be any good but am surprised to find that I really like it.

It's the perfect colour for my light skin and gives a lovely even dewy finish that lasts all day.

Cheaper than Clarins too, probably.

teaandthorazine Tue 21-May-13 16:42:37

I bought some of this today - really disappointed. Looked great in the shop, under the lights, but when I applied it myself at home it looked awful. Like a bad fake tan. Am hoping that it'll look better when I do actually have a bit of summer colour in my skin, otherwise that's £25 down the drain.

Only got myself to blame, I suppose. I'm not even sure what bb cream actually is blush It's just another name for tinted moisturiser, isn't it?!

YoniOno Tue 21-May-13 20:33:56

I tried the lightest shade and it was orange on me! I really wanted to like it sad

gailforce1 Tue 21-May-13 22:55:04

In an overheated office today it looked very shiny but some translucent powder over the top did the trick for this evening. However, I am not paying £25.00 for it and will look out for the La Roche Posay recommended by OptionalExtras!

polyhymnia Tue 21-May-13 23:25:56

I like Clarins skin care a lot but generally find they just don't get it right on make-up for some reason.

LaRegina Wed 22-May-13 09:40:15

Yes I think BB cream is just tinted moisturiser with a new name really smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now