Talk

Advanced search

Why do my feet hurt so much? And what can I do/wear to make them better?

(15 Posts)
WetDog Mon 20-May-13 01:57:44

I've been at an agricultural show all weekend wearing flat biker boots that (until now) I thought were really comfy.

My feet are on fire. They rubbed my toes. My heels burn and hours after getting home they are still throbbing. I've had to sit down for a lot of today as I was in agony. I'm a bit flat footed which I don't think helps matters.

Admittedly, the boots I was wearing were cheap (not leather). DP is ribbing me (quite rightly) for buying cheap shoes and then being surprised my feet hurt blush

So I need suggestions for stylish but comfy boots that I can do miles of walking in and be standing around in for many hours a day. I wear skinny jeans and a lot of black, so would prefer black ones if possible (but definitely not walking boots/trainers with laces)

Money's not really an issue as DP is paying as he's the reason we go to ag shows

And can hard skin/dry skin make your feet hurt more when you're on your feet all day? Would a pedicure or appointment with a chiropodist help as well? My heels are very dry but I hate putting cream on my feet.

pocketandsweet Mon 20-May-13 07:23:34

If your heels are burning that sounds a bit to me like Plantar fasciatis. You will need to get your gp to check and then refer you for insoles and exercises that help. If it is P.F. Certain shoes are more helpful than others but I think you will need insoles and exercises to get relief.

WetDog Mon 20-May-13 10:23:37

It's not PF definitely. It's sore feet from crap shoes sad But I think the dry skin on my heels is getting rubbed which probably doesn't help either.

bishboschone Mon 20-May-13 13:02:56

Have you tried the soap and glory foot buffer?

bishboschone Mon 20-May-13 13:04:00

My feet cannot tolerate anything except uggs and flip flops. I recently bought some loafer moccasin shoes from fat face that are sooo comfy I can finally wear shoes . smile

pocketandsweet Mon 20-May-13 13:30:32

Ok if it is not PF. Comfortable shoes include Keen ( American brand not sure what styles are available here but blissfully comfortable) and I'm a recent convert to Fitflops. I have always thought they were pretty ugly but I literally sigh with relief when I put them on.

WetDog Mon 20-May-13 13:39:02

I've foot filed my feet today and put cream on (which I hate doing) and they are feeling a lot more comfortable smile

I was thinking more along the lines of super comfy biker boots, I can't see myself in loafers or Fitflops, sorry blush

I'm after something that would go with skinny jeans.

OneLittleLady Mon 20-May-13 13:44:52

Hard skin can definitely make your feet hurt more, I know this as I get it really badly myself and no matter what shoes I wear, if I don't take care of the skin, my feet kill. Regular buffing and putting on of cream will help a lot even though it's a pain finding time to do it. If you don't have the inclination to do it yourself, a regular pedicure/foot treatment will help.

bishboschone Mon 20-May-13 13:59:34

http://www.very.co.uk/mobile/ugg-australia-tatum-leather-biker-boots/1144377568.prd

bishboschone Mon 20-May-13 13:59:57

I have these which my feet are happy in.

WetDog Mon 20-May-13 15:02:26

I like those bishbo - are they very warm in the summer though?

valiumredhead Mon 20-May-13 15:04:32

I am SO pleased I have reached the point in my life where as long as my feet are comfortable I don't actually care that much what shoes or boots look like - especially to an agricultural show grin

WetDog Mon 20-May-13 15:11:08

I'm sure I'll get to that point, not just yet though. I'm only in my early 30s and just want cool boots that don't kill my feet grin

valiumredhead Mon 20-May-13 15:11:39

Good luck with that wink

bishboschone Mon 20-May-13 15:28:17

To be fair I don't wear them in the summer. I'm a flip flop and loafer person in the summer. I wouldn't have thought thy are hot though .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now