Talk

Advanced search

growing out an inverted bob

(5 Posts)
Nellymay Sun 19-May-13 23:32:48

hi its just about an inch below my jawbone and i'm aiming for a longer classic all one length style for my thick fine wavy hair. Should i keep growing it for about 3+ months then get it cut into the shape i want or get it trimmed fairly soon and then keep growing it?

FreshLeticia Sun 19-May-13 23:49:23

keep it trimmed - it looks better while you are growing it and as if you meant to have it that style IYSWIM

SunshinePanda Mon 20-May-13 15:53:09

I'm also growing out an inverted bob (unless I change my mind of course). My plan is to go as long as I can before I can bear it no longer and it looks messy, else I think it will take ages. The thing is I don't know what style to aim for. I've got very thick hair, which needs straightening to stop it looking bushy. Nellymay are you having a fringe with your classic bob and what length are you aiming for?

OneLittleLady Mon 20-May-13 15:55:00

I grew mine out until it was just long enough to cut it into a classic bob shape. Took about 4 months I think. It's now just long enough to go into a ponytail.

Nellymay Tue 21-May-13 11:19:49

Sunshine I think i'm going to keep growing it until I'm fed up with it, my worry is that if i go to the hairdressers it will never get past the inverted bob style cause they'll want to cut it again. Yes, i want a fringe with my classic bob - i've got one now cause if i grow it it looks like a cowlick so i'm trimming it every couple of weeks into a fringe.

Onelittle i think i'll try and get it long enough to tie it back, but not too long

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now