Talk

Advanced search

i cant find the honey face wash thread- but it doesn't seem to be working for me?

(6 Posts)
Booyhoo Sun 19-May-13 20:10:13

i've been applying the honey. leaving it on for about 15 minutes then removing with a hot facecoth and moisturising with coconut oil. all this only for the last 2 nights but skin feels dry.

what al i doing wrong?

NomDeOrdinateur Sun 19-May-13 21:43:51

I didn't see the original thread, but I can tell you what works for me:

1) Massage grapeseed oil into face and remove with hot water and clean cloth, until all traces of make-up are gone;
2) Massage honey into damp face, again remove with hot water and cloth;
3) Dab TINY amount of honey onto any spots/red patches and leave overnight (with hair tied back and sleeping on non-precious pillowcase).

I do a honey "mask" for about 30 mins twice per week, but no more. The routine has made my skin heal faster, stay clearer and feel very "balanced" - no dry or oily bits.

NomDeOrdinateur Sun 19-May-13 21:44:13

Oh, and in the mornings I just use water and honey.

Booyhoo Sun 19-May-13 22:36:19

thanks nom. will get some grapeseed oil and try that.
do you moisturise with anything?

NomDeOrdinateur Sun 19-May-13 23:39:21

You're welcome. I moisturise with Avene's Skin Recovery Cream at night, and Bravura London's SPF 15 Skin Balancing Cream (or something like that) during the day. I've used those moisturisers for ages as they're non-clogging and very good for sensitive skin, the honey came later and just slotted in well with the rest of my routine - I didn't change anything to make it work.

I like both coconut and grapeseed oil, but marginally prefer grapeseed for my skin (easier and a bit more moisturising IME). However, before you buy anything else it's probably worth using the coconut oil to remove your make-up and then massaging the honey into slightly damp skin before removing with a cloth - it'll probably work just as well and save you some money.

Booyhoo Mon 20-May-13 09:56:41

ok. that's great. thank you. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now