Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just a winge but is anyone else wondering what the HELL has happened to the high street this summer?

(8 Posts)
mrscog Sun 19-May-13 20:07:55

I'm gutted - back to my pre-preg 8-10 figure, back at work so money to spend and what is the high street full of? Horrible billowing non fitted styles, gross pastels which don't look that good on anyone, garish prints, cheap synthetic horrible fabrics! I've waited 2 years for a shopping fest and I can barely find a thing I like!

Is it just me?

OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 20:11:58

It goes in phases I think. I hate everything at the moment, then you might get a year when everything is gorgeous...it all depends on the fashion thing I suppose doesn't it.

mrscog Sun 19-May-13 20:33:13

I just think the designers must have been on drugs or something - I think the sales will be immense... for people who like this kind of thing!

TattyDevine Sun 19-May-13 20:53:07

You know you spend too much time on Style & Beauty when you read "winge" as "wig-fringe" - this bad boy as opposed to a dogey autocorrect/typo

grin

BTW I agree...its all a shower of shite. Except net-a-porter. Boo.

PenelopePipPop Sun 19-May-13 20:53:45

Well I doubt it is just you but taste must play a part. The really bright colours, oversize florals and slight lack of fittedness suit my tastes very well. But I'm on the thin to gaunt end of the spectrum and detest anything wishy washy. I'm limited by lack of money to spend.

That point abouty 6 years ago when boho chic was everywhere was the point when I just gave up and bought nothing for a whole summer. Nothing on God's sweet earth will convince me that anyone over the age of 18m should ever wear broderie anglaise or smocking.

More helpfully I think sometimes growing back into your style and body after pregnancy can take a while which may mean you find less stuff than usual that feels just right because you haven't quite got your sense fo what feels just right back.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 19-May-13 20:55:48

Where are you looking? I haven't seen anything like you describe (apart from on the threads on here taking the piss out of per una)

mrscog Sun 19-May-13 21:14:22

AKiss Most high street places - Debenhams, Oasis, House of Fraser concessions, Zara, Ted Baker, Warehouse. Just really struggling with it all.

Penelope I think there is an element of 'growing back in to my style' After all, I've lived in jersey V necked things for a year, and before that pg jeans and tops. I don't like any of my old clothes either!

freerangeeggs Sun 19-May-13 21:32:56

Completely agree, had money burning a hole in my pocket today in Topshop but it's all just so unflattering! Droopy floral polyester sacks everywhere. I want a couple of fitted t-shirts - today I tried on a size 6 and it was still baggy! I am NOT a size 6, no way, this t-shirt was just meant to be enormous and billowy. Which looks crap on me because I have biggish boobs so hangy stuff makes me look like a box. And then at the other end of the spectrum everything's friggin bodycon.

GAAAAH!! Why can't we have a bit of variety?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now