Talk

Advanced search

I can't wear heels any more!! please help!

(23 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 16:09:24

due to my bad back, my heels are out. My biker boots are now broken as I wore them literally to death, so I need more shoes.

I could probably do kitten heels. But no higher sad I need some fun, funky, slightly alternative flats. I am not really into pumps, unless they are a bit more than slithers of material. I like rocket dog style shoes, I guess. I am more funky than girly, like a little alternative.

I can't find a bloody thing that doesn't cost hundreds that is not old woman or really girly.

I have flipflops, but want some shoes/boots/whatever for when it is not piping hot.

GlaikitFizzog Sun 19-May-13 16:14:18

I have no clue either, I have just given up on heels after a series of recent falls. Marking spot for funky flats!

I used to be funky, don't know where my funk went

Eliza22 Sun 19-May-13 16:14:55

Me neither, feet problems. Can wear a wedge for short period of time if its a full wedge (Clarks Onslow Holly sandal). Fit flops are great but, there are times when you need a proper shoe!

Watching.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 19-May-13 16:19:06

iron fist do funky flats.

GlaikitFizzog Sun 19-May-13 16:27:50

I want these would need to buy a whole new wardrobe, but a small price to pay surely!

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 16:32:36

*glaik - that's me too. I feel rather boring, and, although I didn't wear heels all the time, now, all I see are heels that I love, everywhere!

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 16:34:48

I have a fab pair of doc martin sandals. They are too heavy, so can't wear those either - but, they are backless, so maybe a pair with a strap would work...not so keen on those ones, but i do like mary jane style shoes (got a fab pair of hidden platform ones <sigh>)

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 16:35:21

how about I link some of the kind of things I like in terms of high heels and then maybe you can help me find 'flat' versions...

GlaikitFizzog Sun 19-May-13 16:36:32

The difficulty I have is with work. I am suited and booted, tailored dresses and the like, I can't then put on something that looks like an orthopaedic shoe, so its ballet flats, and even then it doesn't look right. I'm 5'0 so I used to rely on my heels. Maybe I could just reinvent myself as a hippy boho chick all ethereal and rolling in the dew! That would go down well at meetings!!

SwedishEdith Sun 19-May-13 16:38:18

I can't do heels any more either. Red or Dead, Fly and Camper do good flats with rubber soles so no shocks to the back when walking. Brogues still look good.

GlaikitFizzog Sun 19-May-13 16:38:23

Ok, I'm trawling ebay for inspiration.

GlaikitFizzog Sun 19-May-13 16:40:52

little heel

noddyholder Sun 19-May-13 16:43:27

these are so comfy like wearing flats! The red are quite funky I have the navy and love them Don't feel like heels at all

Songbird Sun 19-May-13 16:46:07

Fly wedges - soooo comfy!

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 17:18:53

oh i like those wedges! and the little heel would be fine for work. Not sure about outside, but ideal with my suits etc.

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 17:19:10

I have seen Camper stuff before actually - am going to take a look thank you!

PavlovtheCat Sun 19-May-13 19:30:38

ok. I LOVE LOVE Fly London. <sigh> it ain't cheap is it? Not when I got to start my shoe wardrobe all over again. Well. I best get on with buying a pair then.

So, in the absence of ANY shoes that are any good. If you had NO shoes, and you had to buy only two pairs, what would you buy, right now? (not trainers, have those, also have converse).

landofsoapandglory Sun 19-May-13 20:30:14

I can't do heels because of my back and pelvic problems. Even kitten heels and wedges knock my pelvis out of alignment, I don't get more than a step before they are kicked off because of they agony they cause!sad

I won't lie, it is horrible having to wear flat shoes all the time, you have to adjust your whole wardrobe in a way. I can't wear skirts below my knee,unless they are maxi, because I am so short and feel dowdy and old womany!

I have numerous pairs of different coloured ballet pumps, 3 pairs of brogues, these (I know they are not 'out there') are so, so comfy, loafers, sandals and converse. I liked my Fit Flops until I had my SI joints fused, but then they seemed to hurt my back more.

PavlovtheCat Mon 20-May-13 08:52:21

soap oh that's really harsh. I have not tried wedges, so not sure if they will work for me. The Fly ones look cushioned, so I think that will help, the jarring on the ground is problematic for me, so it might work if they have good cushioning.

Do you know, I love those you linked to! Maybe not for my day to day wear, but for work, especially as I work in Court sometimes, they would be fab with my suits. I love the cream. I think, I am realising, it's not just what you wear, but how you wear them.

I have quite a plain wardrobe as I don't like shopping much, get too stressed with the choice and never know what to buy so end up with the same plain stuff, but I tend to dress it with shoes, so it's not been an issue. Now, I think I am going to have to use the clothes to do the talking so to speak.

I agree with not wearing below the knees. I can't do that either, as I am short, and used to love knee length shift dresses with killer heels for Court. I just look frumpy in flats and the same dresses.

OneLittleToddleTerror Mon 20-May-13 10:34:48

This thread is giving me inspiration. I can't walk in heels or wedges at all, unless it's only from the car to my carpeted office, and then sit all day in front of the computer. If I have to walk even 15min, it kills me.

Whenever I look in shoe shops, all I see are heels I love. And ballet pumps. (I can't wear ballet shoes either, it's too thin and I have to claw to keep the shoes on).

I feel like I'm the only one who have problems with buying shoes sometimes.

missmartha Mon 20-May-13 11:07:21

Has any body mentioned this blog it's excellent for gorgeous flattie ideas?

enbrogue.com

PavlovtheCat Mon 20-May-13 12:30:03

check these out! ok, not summer shoes, and a little worn, but who cares!

So, I am adding to this list - Irregular Choice - mostly heels (and lovely ones at that sad) but some flats too.

here

BerthaKitt Mon 20-May-13 15:37:30

I can't wear high heels or ballet flats so am always on the lookout for something in between.

Got these in tan yesterday and wore them today, they're fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now