Talk

Advanced search

My June wishlist (in case we actually get a summer)

(44 Posts)

Anybody fancy helping me find the following please? They need to be from real shops.

1) small tan leather clutch (but £50 or less)
2) chambray shirt dress, mini-ish length
3) tan leather clunky sandals but not too high
4) bright pink layering t-shirt with long or three quarter sleeves
5) fabric biker jacket but not jersey - ideally khaki but could consider other colours
6) pale grey or white broderie cotton skirt, full but not too full and around knee length

And I'm also still looking for a yellow, perhaps pleated, just below the knee or on the knee length skirt.

Thanks in advance. smile

Awww - come on! Especially numbers one and two please...

titan Sun 19-May-13 18:09:30

How about one of these for number 1? www.use-uk.com/products/buckle%20wristlet.htm
I have one of their bigger clutches and it's really lovely leather and well made. They are a small company who handmade all their bags in the UK.

mysteryfairy Sun 19-May-13 18:23:36

There is a khaki military jacket in the Mint Velvet sale for £59.99. Not exactly a biker jacket but might be worth a look. Here

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 19-May-13 18:26:32

Gap had a selection of chambray shirt dresses in last time I looked. Cos often good for clutches

madammecholet Sun 19-May-13 18:30:39

any of these fit the bill? grin

Peony & Moore tan leather clutch £45

J Crew chambray shirt dress

Dune tan block heel sandal

La redoute pink T

Mint Velvet Khaki biker jacket

la redoute broderie straight skirt

DisappointedHorse Sun 19-May-13 18:33:02

I like this military jacket from Warehouse. I'm considering it myself.

www.warehouse.co.uk///warehouse/fcp-product/311831#GBP

I like both military jackets but they are not what I want - I want cropped biker-esque. Don't like the MV one as it is too drapey.

Love the leather wristlet thing, but want real shops. La Redoute no good for that reason too. The P&M clutch is gorgeous, but again I need a real shop.

Dune sandals are nice but too high. I want lower and less dressy, if that makes sense.

The J Crew dress is nice but we haven't got J Crew and also I want a proper shirt dress, that buttons all the way.

Thanks for the help so far though - you are all deffo on the right tracks. smile

titan Sun 19-May-13 18:43:18

striped shirt dress but looks nice on the model
BR if you're size 6
it's short sleeved but reduced alot in the sale
jigsaw skirt
cheaper skirt

titan Sun 19-May-13 18:44:47

Oops cross posted. Ignore the first three then!

Dotty P's skirt is nice - thank you. The Jigsaw one is gorgeous bu I want more full and more casual.

mysteryfairy Sun 19-May-13 18:56:58

Dorothy Perkins biker jacket

20% off til midnight - not jersey but v plasticky, could be ok if (when) we not get a proper summer

No to pleather. Thanks though.

Sorry it's polyester, not pleather. No to polyester too.

titan Sun 19-May-13 19:10:12

Laura Ashley

rootypig Sun 19-May-13 19:11:20

Gap have a couple of shirtdresses that button all the way through - sleeveless, darker, with sleeves, polkadot

Whistles is queen of the fabric biker - this one is black quilted, this tweed comes in a couple of colours

titan Sun 19-May-13 19:17:29

loads of biker jackets at river island

titan Sun 19-May-13 19:19:05

khaki at mango

titan Sun 19-May-13 19:19:44

Now I want the mango one.

QueenCadbury Sun 19-May-13 20:00:18

skirt

rootypig Sun 19-May-13 20:10:40

American Vintage do lovely layering tshirts and jumpers in a rainbow of colours, here's a bright pink knit and long sleeved t shirt (shade fraise). They're so soft and clingy and really flattering - but true layering pieces in that they're too sheer to wear on their own.

aoife24 Sun 19-May-13 20:27:43

Boden is doing broderie cotton skirts and a few yellow dresses, on and above knee I think.

Thanks. Like but can't afford the Whistles jackets. Don't like the River Island ones. American Vintage and Boden no good - I want real shops. Don't like the Fat Face skirt. Do like the Mango jacket and will go and look irl. The Laura Ashley and Gap dresses would be too long for me, I think. They need to be mini on the models to be the right length on me.

Thanks for all the ideas so far.

Chewbecca Sun 19-May-13 21:26:48

tan sandals

YoniOno Sun 19-May-13 21:30:09

Why does it have to be real shops? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now