Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really ridiculously comfortable shoes for commuting to work, not too ugly please

(6 Posts)
whosiwhatsit Sun 19-May-13 10:56:41

Right, I want to start walking to the train station and back in the morning instead of wheedling DH into driving me. I have to dress professionally and am often in skirts and dresses. I wear orthotic inserts and need some commuting shoes that I can put them into. So I thinking the best shoes for me would be some kind of subtle black lace ups almost like trainers that I could wear to walk to the station in. Then I'd change into business shoes when I get to my desk. But if these lace ups didn't look ridiculous with a dress that would be a massive bonus.

I'm quite fashion challenged so any ideas would be great. Many thanks!

MrsLettuce Sun 19-May-13 12:00:16

brogues?

SavoyCabbage Sun 19-May-13 12:14:02

I think if you wore police women type shoes nobody would really notice.

Last week I saw a woman in a skirt, tights, coat etc with jade trainers and a jade bad and she looked pretty good too.

Oldraver Sun 19-May-13 12:52:16

Do you definitly want lace ups ? Have a look at the Dr Martens website, they have lots of sandal type shoes, though I cant get the 'sandals' filter to work at the mo

I came on to say DMs and have been beaten to it. Otherwise, how about just plain black leather Converse or Keds?

whosiwhatsit Sun 19-May-13 16:56:42

Those brogues look great. Or else maybe leather keds would work. Thanks,all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now