Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a nose job?

(10 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Sun 19-May-13 10:31:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMcEnroe Sun 19-May-13 18:10:25

I've had one!

I had it done in 1995 in the private wing of Guy's hospital in London.

Never regretted it for a second. My old nose was absolutely horrendous, it looked as though someone had stuck Mr Punch's nose on my face for a laugh, and when I met the consultant his exact words were, "I am supposed to ask for your reasons why want this operation, and to suggest that you have counselling before I agree to operate, but in your case there is no need to do either." I broke down and sobbed, and we booked the operation for the following week!

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions about what's involved before/during/after the operation. And please make sure you do your research properly when deciding where to have the operation ....

er1507 Sun 19-May-13 21:49:41

My friend had one done last may, I went with her for her consultation with the surgeon and she was happy with what he said and it booked the op there and then. I didn't think her nose was bad in the first place to have surgery but the before and after pics are crazy! She wasn't a pretty sight f

er1507 Sun 19-May-13 21:51:44

*posted early!!

For a good while after and can still find it a bit painful if she sneezes. It can also change shape daily because its so soft for a while after and you can't wear make up or sunglasses for ages after either. she doesn't regret it but I would say be 100% certain your comfortable with having it done.

crossparsley Sun 19-May-13 22:34:17

One of my oldest friends - exquisitely pretty I always thought anyway - had one about a year ago. I think the bridge was narrowed and have no idea about anything else that was changed, it's so subtle. She is still beautiful and looks the same, as far as I can tell, not at all false or odd, and she feels better. If you really want one and you know you can trust the surgeon, why not? But try to meet people who have been with your surgeon. You want to know what you might be getting. Whatever you decide, good luck!

CointreauVersial Mon 20-May-13 23:26:24

I have.

Worked a treat.

Old nose looked like a lump of putty; new one is perfect.

The op and recovery were uncomfortable, but nothing more, and obviously you have a couple of weeks where you look like you have been smacked in the face with a hammer, but it was well worth it. Mine was done on the NHS (luckily for me).

VillaEphrussi Tue 21-May-13 10:45:59

Can I be rude and ask how much it costs? Feel free not to disclose!

My nose was fine when I was 20, but over the last decade has got much more prominent. I don't know if that's normal. I've always thought that if this happened (family nose so I had an idea it might) I would want to fix it, but not idea how much it would cost to do.

MrsMcEnroe Tue 21-May-13 11:53:15

Mine was £2.5k but this was 17 years ago so probably not much help, sorry....

VillaEphrussi Wed 22-May-13 22:30:19

No, that's helpful, thanks!

Autumn12 Wed 22-May-13 22:40:51

I would like one. My nose is almost perfect from the front view and is small but from the side is slightly too pointy. It's odd as to me it seems like 2 different noses depending on the angle. I think your nose grows throughout your life so its definitely possible for it to get more prominent.

The thing that really puts me off is that someone I know had it done and she actually looks worse after. The new nose just doesn't suit her face and actually makes her look less attractive than before. There's nothing wrong with the new nose per se it just doesn't work with her other features.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now