Talk

Advanced search

Desperately seeking work tops..

(15 Posts)
carlywurly Sat 18-May-13 21:14:16

Want some quality tops I can dress up for work or down with jeans - graphic print simple blouses, lace trimmed tees and the like.

My style is quite classic and I love French connection, whistles etc usually - I'm not a fan of man made fibres and I'm a large norked 12-14. Help! Budget of around £30-70 for a lovely item.

Any ideas? I keep buying monsoon and phase eight things and then returning them.l

thenightsky Sat 18-May-13 21:18:01

I got a lovely black lace top in Sainsburys of all places last week. It's a heavy lace, so non-see through. Looks great for work with light coloured chino type trousers, or with my faded dark grey jeans as more casual. I think they did a blue and cream version too.

This from M&S is really lovely if you don't mind polyester

Ahh sorry - you do!

domesticslattern Sat 18-May-13 21:21:43

I spent an afternoon today on Oxford St after the very same and have no leads sorry. Sweaty polyester everywhere.

I have about five like this!

thenightsky Sat 18-May-13 21:24:23

My sainsbo lace one was cotton feeling.

Snowgirl1 Sat 18-May-13 21:42:49

cotton lace top from zara

linen top from zara

patterned cotton and silk mix top from zara

printed viscose & silk mix top

As you can tell, I've recently discovered Zara!

BestIsWest Sat 18-May-13 22:04:10

Remus, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I followed the link to the M&S top on your Pinterest page and there's a picture of some wide legged, belted navy trousers worn with a stripy top and blue shoes and bag. You don't happen to know where the trousers are from? They are just what I need for work?

No idea, sorry.

Are these any good?

carlywurly Sat 18-May-13 22:13:41

Ooh those Zara things look nice. Our nearest Zara is bloody miles away, might need to take a punt and do a big online order.

There is a whacking great gap in the market it seems. I've just bought a lovely blouse from sugar hill boutique but it's pushing the boundaries of work acceptability. Will see if I can get away with It. Just so bored of everything I own..

Snowgirl1 Sat 18-May-13 23:27:12

Might be worth having a look at Mint Velvet too. They have a few tops in natural fibres

silk panel top or in a different colour

this one's a graphic print

silk & cotton blouson top but might be a bit casual for work?

a silk graphic floral print?

nude silk and cotton lace top

MotheringShites Sun 19-May-13 09:57:57

I got some lovely plain but great shape and quality linen from The White Company.

BestIsWest Sun 19-May-13 18:22:43

Remus, those Cos trousers might be just the thing. Thank you!

carlywurly Sun 19-May-13 20:22:07

Thanks everyone, lots of good suggestions. I used to buy bits from kew but have just realised it's closed down - shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now