Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Gah! Do Debenhams sell anything nice?

(12 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Sat 18-May-13 21:10:15

I wanted to spend last week's EBay earnings and take advantage of 25+10% off, but there's nothing I want to wear. Has anyone bought anything nice on there? I was after a top, preferably sleeveless but not strappy, to wear with linen trousers, and a knee length summery dress, but all pretty horrid.

ArcticRoll Sun 19-May-13 08:52:42

Cosmetics

Allthingspretty Sun 19-May-13 09:52:33

Branded underwear

MortifiedAdams Sun 19-May-13 09:57:21

PJs.
Branded handbags.
Little girls dresses - only useful if you have/know a little girl.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 19-May-13 10:11:59

No, it's all terrible lately. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw something wearable in there.

I know someone else mentioned the girls dresses but I can't even buy them anymore.
OTT netty frilly bits or else inappropriate strappy nonsense.

Disappointing all around really.

hedgefund Sun 19-May-13 10:22:57

depends on the branch, some have good cosmetic and clothes brands, most are quite boring.

RachelHRD Sun 19-May-13 11:06:35

The Mantaray clothing range is lovely - a bit like Fat Face. Some of the kids Bluezoo range can be nice too.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 19-May-13 11:07:40

The clothes are mostly crap.

I'd spend it on Fantasie bras, or Urban Decay make up.

RonaldMcDonald Sun 19-May-13 12:42:00

mac make up

ZaraW Sun 19-May-13 13:22:06

I quite like the John Rochas duvet sets, not sure if he still designs for Debenhams as I haven't shopped there for a couple of years.

notnowbernard Sun 19-May-13 14:48:54

Bluezoo range for under 7s can be sweet - trends to avoid pastels

I only buy from topshop in there really

XiCi Sun 19-May-13 15:00:01

I suppose it depends on how big your branch of debenhams is. Ours has all the usual designer at debenhams plus concessions of Oasis, Warehouse, Kookai, Phase Eight etc etc. I dont think Id have a problem spending a few quid in the sale if I needed to!

Maybe try spending online instead where theres a bigger range?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: