Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gah! Do Debenhams sell anything nice?

(12 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Sat 18-May-13 21:10:15

I wanted to spend last week's EBay earnings and take advantage of 25+10% off, but there's nothing I want to wear. Has anyone bought anything nice on there? I was after a top, preferably sleeveless but not strappy, to wear with linen trousers, and a knee length summery dress, but all pretty horrid.

ArcticRoll Sun 19-May-13 08:52:42

Cosmetics

Allthingspretty Sun 19-May-13 09:52:33

Branded underwear

MortifiedAdams Sun 19-May-13 09:57:21

PJs.
Branded handbags.
Little girls dresses - only useful if you have/know a little girl.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Sun 19-May-13 10:11:59

No, it's all terrible lately. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw something wearable in there.

I know someone else mentioned the girls dresses but I can't even buy them anymore.
OTT netty frilly bits or else inappropriate strappy nonsense.

Disappointing all around really.

hedgefund Sun 19-May-13 10:22:57

depends on the branch, some have good cosmetic and clothes brands, most are quite boring.

RachelHRD Sun 19-May-13 11:06:35

The Mantaray clothing range is lovely - a bit like Fat Face. Some of the kids Bluezoo range can be nice too.

The clothes are mostly crap.

I'd spend it on Fantasie bras, or Urban Decay make up.

RonaldMcDonald Sun 19-May-13 12:42:00

mac make up

ZaraW Sun 19-May-13 13:22:06

I quite like the John Rochas duvet sets, not sure if he still designs for Debenhams as I haven't shopped there for a couple of years.

notnowbernard Sun 19-May-13 14:48:54

Bluezoo range for under 7s can be sweet - trends to avoid pastels

I only buy from topshop in there really

XiCi Sun 19-May-13 15:00:01

I suppose it depends on how big your branch of debenhams is. Ours has all the usual designer at debenhams plus concessions of Oasis, Warehouse, Kookai, Phase Eight etc etc. I dont think Id have a problem spending a few quid in the sale if I needed to!

Maybe try spending online instead where theres a bigger range?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now