Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World

(12 Posts)
amyellen Sat 18-May-13 18:02:16

End of first week and lost nothing! Stuck to it religiously but nothing. Anyone else had this experience?

Curlywurlysareyum Sat 18-May-13 20:26:46

My mum took weeks to lose a few pounds. She found that she had to cut out pasta at lunch. Once she did that the weight has come off. At almost 30 years younger than my mum it didn't seem to matter for me. Although I am still averaging only 1-2 lbs per week. My advice is to stick at it. Are u writing everything down? Some people say weighing the milk for healthy extra is essential too.

tearsofrobertsmith Sat 18-May-13 20:42:00

I lost 6lbs my first week on extra easy plan- with pasta. A woman there told me that she'd only lost half a lb her first week, then cut pasta out and lost 3lbs the following week.

IkeaIdea Sat 18-May-13 20:50:34

I only lost 1/2 lb my first week, 3.5 stone down now though. Stick with it!

timetopost Sun 19-May-13 08:54:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VelvetSpoon Sun 19-May-13 09:08:32

How much do you have to lose? This can make a difference - a friend joined after I recommended it, she only needed to lose 1.5 stone and in the first week only lost 1lb, whereas I lost 7 - but as I needed to lose 7 stone that wasn't surprising.

Are you keeping a food diary? your consultant should go through this with you and spot if you're going over on anything.

I'd say watch bananas and grapes - no more than 1 banana/small bunch of grapes a day (other fruits are better, tbh). Watch quantities of healthy extras, and with the syns, don't plan to eat them - eat full meals with all the free/superfree stuff, and only use the syns if you're still hungry after that.

It will work though, even if slow at first. I lost 5 stone on it, then gave up, was greedy and put lots back on. I am now doing it again, and lost 9.5lb in my first 2 weeks.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sun 19-May-13 10:22:09

Depending on how much weight you need to lose it can take a week or two for the diet to catch up with you. Slow and steady weight loss is the best way to keep it off. Don't be disheartened.

amyellen Sun 19-May-13 20:43:48

Well I'm 5"7 and 11stone, I'd like to get back down to 10 as this is what's normal for me. I never eat pasta anyway or bread. I have a tiny bit if oat milk in my tea as a healthy extra. As I am veggie all my meals are from the free foods anyway. I don't really have many syns. I'm doing it online. I did do a food diary for the first couple of days but left it thereafter. I'm doing it properly, I've done it before when I was much younger. I have been very bloated, perhaps due to the increased volumes of food I am eating. I have ibs and eating little and often helped before. Not sure how it will pan out, maybe because I've less to lose?

er1507 Sun 19-May-13 21:45:29

My mums been going a few weeks and didn't lose anything the first week then lost 5lb the second week and has been losing on average 2lb a week since. I'm hoping she'll get her stone sticker this week smile why don't you sign up and go to the class for 2/3 weeks so you can get some support in person. my mums learns something new every week she goes. Stick to it and make sure your doing some cardio even if its just a walk. do you think your eating enough?

amyellen Mon 20-May-13 17:24:08

Good to hear it works for some, that's encouraging and thank you!
I'm probably impatient.....wink
I'm eating plenty, bananas and yoghurt for breakfast - Müller light and then a snack mid morning, either more fruit, veg, some free humous often. I basically eat every hour or so, but relatively little each time. I've always done this. For lunch ill have rice and free curry or chilli or some salad with potatoes and egg. And so on, you get the idea... I'm getting my thyroid tested soon as Dr mentioned that. I do a fair bit of running but have had zero energy lately. Could be bit d or iron too. I've been breastfeeding for over 6 years so probably deficient in something...!

MindfulMe Wed 22-May-13 17:11:10

Not the same child for 6 1/2 years by the way...

Lollyheart Wed 22-May-13 17:17:30

I joined today.
There was a lady there who lost 13lb in her first week but tbh I think she might have a bit to lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now