Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Is this nail varnish going to make me look ridiculous?

(12 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 14:45:22

I'm out tonight. With people I don't know,they're a bit older than me and I haven't a clue about their style.

I love my clothes. I'm wearing:

Black fitted v neck top with 3/4 sleeves
Black and white monochrome pencil skirt
Black opaquessad bloody weather
Black suede shoe boots

I love nail varnish. Normally wear grey/ sludge, dark colours or play it safe with nudes. Never bright. Thought, though as its "summer" , I'd try
this
Will I look stupid? I'm 46 .

Allthingspretty Sat 18-May-13 14:48:01

Yoyr link doesnt work for me op

Snog Sat 18-May-13 14:49:19

If you love it wear it!
Only a total arse would tell you they think you look stupid and what would you care about their opinion!

DumSpiroSpero Sat 18-May-13 14:51:43

It's just red nail varnish - it'll be fine!

If it makes you feel any better I'm nearly 38 and had multi primary coloured nails with pop art polka dots this week grin !

RhondaJean Sat 18-May-13 14:52:18

I think it will brighten up your outfit. Could you throw in another dash of colour, neon clutch bag or something?

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 14:56:15

Sounds perfect actually! Classic look, no? TBH I'd be tempted to wear red lippy too, but then I almost always do.

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 14:57:15

No,no,no to bright bag. Black or maybe white.

Leather Sat 18-May-13 15:01:19

Definitely yes to the nail polish, in fact I'd go even brighter than that!
Have a good night smile

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 18-May-13 15:05:06

It's lovely - perfect with a monochrome outfit. As mrsLettuce says I'd wear red lippy too.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 18-May-13 15:05:21

I love nail varnish and am currently wearing Glamourous Geleration - its a shocking pink/red colour and its very bright. Its perfect for 'summer'

Go for it!

Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 15:06:44

Oh thanks flowers all! Have red poppy MrsLettuce will try. Had ordered a gabby black suede clutch but not arrived yet angry but have a black reserve that will look ok

Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 15:07:06

Red lippy.......bloody predictive text

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: