Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this nail varnish going to make me look ridiculous?

(12 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 14:45:22

I'm out tonight. With people I don't know,they're a bit older than me and I haven't a clue about their style.

I love my clothes. I'm wearing:

Black fitted v neck top with 3/4 sleeves
Black and white monochrome pencil skirt
Black opaquessad bloody weather
Black suede shoe boots

I love nail varnish. Normally wear grey/ sludge, dark colours or play it safe with nudes. Never bright. Thought, though as its "summer" , I'd try
this
Will I look stupid? I'm 46 .

Allthingspretty Sat 18-May-13 14:48:01

Yoyr link doesnt work for me op

Snog Sat 18-May-13 14:49:19

If you love it wear it!
Only a total arse would tell you they think you look stupid and what would you care about their opinion!

DumSpiroSpero Sat 18-May-13 14:51:43

It's just red nail varnish - it'll be fine!

If it makes you feel any better I'm nearly 38 and had multi primary coloured nails with pop art polka dots this week grin !

RhondaJean Sat 18-May-13 14:52:18

I think it will brighten up your outfit. Could you throw in another dash of colour, neon clutch bag or something?

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 14:56:15

Sounds perfect actually! Classic look, no? TBH I'd be tempted to wear red lippy too, but then I almost always do.

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 14:57:15

No,no,no to bright bag. Black or maybe white.

Leather Sat 18-May-13 15:01:19

Definitely yes to the nail polish, in fact I'd go even brighter than that!
Have a good night smile

WhyIRayLiotta Sat 18-May-13 15:05:06

It's lovely - perfect with a monochrome outfit. As mrsLettuce says I'd wear red lippy too.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 18-May-13 15:05:21

I love nail varnish and am currently wearing Glamourous Geleration - its a shocking pink/red colour and its very bright. Its perfect for 'summer'

Go for it!

Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 15:06:44

Oh thanks flowers all! Have red poppy MrsLettuce will try. Had ordered a gabby black suede clutch but not arrived yet angry but have a black reserve that will look ok

Drywhiteplease Sat 18-May-13 15:07:06

Red lippy.......bloody predictive text

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now