Talk

Advanced search

Need skirt advice - warning I'm fussy!

(6 Posts)
Weegiemum Sat 18-May-13 12:33:04

I've never posted in S&B before!

I need skirts. In the last 10 years I've been a sahm, then a non-formal teacher to young mums. Therefore I've worn pretty much jeans!

I just got a promotion (!!! smile ) and now my role is 0.5 teaching and 0.5 training - for which I need to be more formal.

But I have some non-negotiable criteria. I'll explain!

I'm a size 18-20 (massive achievement, 18 months ago I was a 28!)

I'm disabled - part of my neurological problem has affected my legs. I've got badly scarred/discoloured skin and because I can't walk very far, I have intermittently swollen ankles. I can't wear tights as the feeling on my sensitised skin makes me very uncomfortable. So I need long skirts. I need elasticated waists as I can't manage fastenings with my only partially-functional hands. I need soft material, such as jersey, due to sensitivity again.

I've no idea where to start looking!

dexter73 Sat 18-May-13 13:02:34

Fat Face have some patterned maxi skirts. Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

turkeyboots Sat 18-May-13 13:06:09

H&M and Primark have long jersey elasticated tube skirts. La Respite still do Boho tiered skirts, but might be too informal for you.

Weegiemum Sat 18-May-13 13:37:35

Any skirt is ok, turkey! Better than my sloppy jeans!

The fatface ones are great, dexter! Would also double for my holiday in Italy this summer! I've bought fleeces and socks for dh in here, never thought about skirts!!

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 15:11:46

bargain plain jersey
cotton

turkeyboots Sat 18-May-13 15:47:10

La Redoute that should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now