Talk

Advanced search

Trip to hairdresser has left my hair feeling like straw - help!

(10 Posts)
Jemster Sat 18-May-13 07:48:08

Hi
A couple of weeks ago I had my hair highlighted using a Groupon deal, so a bargain I thought. Am now kind of regretting it as the colour doesn't look quite even, and my roots are still very obvious (and greys).

But the worst thing is my hair feels so dry, like straw! I've had highlights before and it's never gone like this. Is there something I can use to get rid of this or at least help?

Has anyone else used a groupon deal and been less than happy? Makes me think it's worth paying more at my usual hairdressers to get a decent result!

BreasticlesNTesticles Sat 18-May-13 07:51:15

I bought one, then read the groupon reviews when I decided to use it and they were dreadful so I let it expire.

For dry hair, smother it in conditioner and then wrap a warm towel around your head and leave it for half an hour. I used to do this once a week when I had very highlighted long hair.

ZaraW Sat 18-May-13 10:47:02

I use organic coconut oil as my hair is really dry. Waleda rosemary oil is pretty good as well.

mrgarybarlow Sat 18-May-13 17:07:12

I second coconut oil. I slept in it last night and hair feels so much better today.

ThreeBeeOneGee Sat 18-May-13 17:10:56

Someone bought me a half head of highlights via groupon as a gift. When I went for the consultation I mentioned that I had some henna still growing out. The stylist said she wasn't sure how henna would react and recommended a strand test. Which went pale green! Talk about a lucky escape! They gave me a refund of the value of the groupon offer.

LemonPeculiarJones Sat 18-May-13 17:14:18

Ring them up and explain you're unhappy. Say you'd like a free conditioning treatment and some rectification for the mess they've made.

This happened to me with a cut - the young dude mucked up my layers and blow-dried it so ferociously that my ears were burning and my hair felt horribly dry. I complained the next day on the phone and got another cut for free and a free conditioning treatment.

So make a fuss. They fucked up.

AKissIsNotAContract Sat 18-May-13 17:16:36

I used to use groupon a lot but gave up as it's crap.

Jemster Sat 18-May-13 17:28:55

AKiss I agree this experience has put me right off. I thought it was too good to be true the price the offer was!
Lemon I know you are right, I should phone and ask them to put it right. Thing is not only have they ballsed it up, but the salon was also grubby, smelt awful and they had the loudest junior gobbing off about what she'd been upto the night before who practically took my head with her vigorous towel drying!! She was rubbing it dry for about ten minutes yanking my head from side to side, it ended up so dry I didn't get a proper blow dry. Needless to say I am going to cut my losses as I never want to go back there! Not surprised they need to do Groupon to attract business!

Does anyone know what I could ask for at my old hairdressers to sort the crap highlights out? I really hate it.

AKissIsNotAContract Sat 18-May-13 18:21:42

Just go in to your old hairdresser, explain what happened and see what they suggest.

I have horrible memories of going for a massage at a dirty salon via groupon, never again.

Jemster Sat 18-May-13 18:27:33

No it's just not worth it I've realised. I'd rather go less often but go somewhere I know I like and will do a good proper job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now