Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternative ear piercings...opinions please

(28 Posts)
3uper3tressed Fri 17-May-13 21:30:00

I am 26...and old before my time....in my youth I was a bit of a rebel (into punk rock,lots of underage drinking) but a crappy family means I grew up very quickly from 16-21...I work very long hours in a professional career and struggle with being held back as perceived as 'young' even though often times I am up to the task....

This week has been crap ...really crap, for multiple complicated reasons. I am getting my hair done and going for stone retail therapy tomorrow and am very tempted to get an alternative ear piercing (already have normal) through the cartilage in the sort of inner-outer ear bit. I have seen a few people with them over the last few years and really like it and feel like being a rebel/feeling young again. I am being stupid?

3uper3tressed Fri 17-May-13 21:30:40

Should read 'am I being stupid? '....

chunkymonkeybaby Fri 17-May-13 21:35:23

If you really like it then no you're not being stupid at all. You said you've liked it for years so go for it I say smile

3uper3tressed Fri 17-May-13 21:41:36

I think you are right monkey...but I have had a few glasses of wine...wink

OneLittleLady Fri 17-May-13 21:43:05

I don't think it's stupid! I just dyed my hair purple and I'm older than you smile If you really like it and really want it done then I'd say go for it. I've seen plenty of 'professional' young people with similar piercings.

3uper3tressed Fri 17-May-13 21:53:46

Purple hair is awesome little...I would love to go pink but would be toooo far in my industry envy

withaspongeandarustyspanner Sat 18-May-13 09:10:03

I had a forward helix (cartilage piercing at the top front of my ear, near my face) last September.

And I'm 39!!

And I'm going back for a snug in my other ear in a few weeks. And I don't care if people think I'm too old smile Have a look on Pinterest - they have some great ideas.

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 11:04:48

No, you're no being stupid! If you fancy it go with it but please do go to a proper piercer rather than claire's or the like.

I'm 45..and I want my nose pierced! I don't even have a nice nose.. but I just WANT it.. a small act of rebellion against my middle class life and menopause grin
DH says no...but I suspect he won't even notice..!

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 13:48:02

Balls to DH, if you want it get it done!

QueenOfCats Sat 18-May-13 13:50:59

Medusa - go for it! I have mine pierced and I love it grin

Did it hurt much? I'm sat googling local places to get it done!
I AM going to do it :D

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 14:52:23

Mine barely hurt at all. You can always put some Emla on a while before you go if you're feeling particularly wimpy.

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 15:31:21

Was just poping back having remembered i have a stuipidly high pain trBlimey. That came across as really rather rude. Sorrysmile.

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 15:31:50

Damn phone.

susiedaisy Sat 18-May-13 15:33:44

I'm 42 and not long ago I had a cartilage piercing in my right ear I love it and am seriously considering my nose next, go for itsmile

I just did it!!!

Walked into the local tattoo/piercing parlour and got my nose pierced!!!! it was all very clean sterile and hospital like!

Hurt for a milisecond as the neele went thro but not enough to even make my eyes water! My nose is aching a bit now but nothing I can't live with.

Here's me in my white stuff, fly boots middle of the road middle age person look... and I feel like a rebel grin

I bet I get told off by my kids... !

scarlet76 Sat 18-May-13 17:33:04

I am 36. I have one ear pierced 3 times. The other once. I have my nose pierced and my belly button. I have a small tattoo on the inside of my wrist and another on my hip. I have a streak of pink hair in my bob.
DH is 42. Has his nipple pierced and an armful of tattoos.
We are both professionals in positions of responsibility. I like to think We are judged on our capabilities and not how we look.
Go for it. I love my adornments.

IslaValargeone Sat 18-May-13 17:40:30

Do it!
I walked into a piercing place this morning on the spur of the moment and had my belly button done.
I'm 45 blush

Isla... I'm 45 too.. and I feel a right rebel!!
I have to pick up my DD2 tonight..home from Uni for the weekend.. I think she is going to tell me off grin

Messandmayhem Sat 18-May-13 18:13:49

Do it! I'm planning on getting tapers and stretching my earlobes, I'm 26 too. I recently shaved my hair (back and sides, long on top, inspired by Pink, Miley Cyrus, Emili Sande etc), and bleached it and coloured it bright pink. I'm having the teenage rebellion I was too sensible to have as a teen!

IslaValargeone Sat 18-May-13 18:19:42

Medusa, my 11 year old was outraged grin "Wait until I tell dad" she said.

3uper3tressed Sat 18-May-13 19:06:03

Ha! Brilliant, well done Medusa! I checked out place in town today and they were great...only problem is I have to have a ring in for the first few weeks and I just can't imagine it will look any good...after that I would put something tiny and twinkly and I really do like it...think I just need to man up and have the ring for a few weeks...

MrsLettuce Sat 18-May-13 19:15:47

You've started a trend 3uper!

I'll be tiny (the ring) and you'll surely be able to have a sparkly element in it. Woman up wink

WhereAreMyShoes Sat 18-May-13 19:30:55

Oh, you should definitely do it.
I have a tregus and rook piercing.
The tregus has a little tiny sparkly labret bar and the rook has a tiny ball closure ring with sparkly jewel in the ball.
They numbed the tregus but not the rook as they had stopped spraying things in ears by that time. It was alright. Just felt majorly hot after.
Be prepared for a long healing time. My rook took almost a year to fully heal. It had the dreaded lump!

I don't bother wearing anything in my lobes anymore, the others are better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now