Talk

Advanced search

champagne 'reception' at the Chelsea Flower Show

(4 Posts)
pleasestoptalking Fri 17-May-13 17:51:52

What do I wear? I told my husband what I planning to wear - smart black skinny jeans and a nice sleeveless top. He laughed at me.

It sounds like a 'suity' event and my husband said he expects the women will be wearing dresses. I will be spending a rare day in London away from the children and want to wear something comfortable. We've been told to wear comfy shoes.

I'm now thinking something along these lines:
www.jaeger.co.uk/Louisa%20Twill%20Trousers/730075D,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_730075D_color=05500&dwvar_730075D_size=6&start=7&cgid=brands-boutique-women-trousers

Does that seem suitable?

I know this is a bit pathetic but I really don't get out much!

blue2 Fri 17-May-13 17:55:34

I'm dead jealous of you! I've been a couple of times, and its great fun.

Wear whatever you like - chances are, you'll be wearing a coat over the top as it won't be that warm.

A few people wear lovely flowery coats which look great. Its not Ascot, though - no need for serious dresses...

Enjoy the evening!

Tommy Fri 17-May-13 17:58:45

I should think it might be a bit more dressy TBH.
If you want to wear trousers I would really accessorize big time - nice jacket, corsage, hat?

pleasestoptalking Fri 17-May-13 18:51:09

Thank you!

I've got a day shopping beforehand - the joy! I am quite keen on trousers and know I would wear them again so I'll look for accessories to jazz the outfit up a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now