Talk

Advanced search

Chinos for chunky calf muscles?

(15 Posts)
BikeRunSki Thu 16-May-13 21:04:11

I'd really like to wear Chinos - they'd be perfect dressed up a bit for the "Smart casual" office dress code and dressed down for running around DC (1 and 4). And they'd make a refreshing change from jeans!

But I can't find any to fit around my legs!!! I am size 12, but have "sturdy" , pronounced sporty calf muscles and the bulgey bit is very high.

Every pair of chinos I have tried fits fine around the waist, hips etc, but is taught on the calves - too tight to walk properly or anything.

I have tried chinos from Boden, Tesco, Gap, M&S and H&M. Land's End straight leg chinos too, but so frumpy.

OneLittleLady Thu 16-May-13 21:08:44

Have you tried New Look? I too have very prominent calves, a whole 19 inches of them to be exact and I find New Look chinos, in fact all their trousers to be a good fit. I can even wear their skinny jeans which is no mean feat when your calves are like mine!

BikeRunSki Thu 16-May-13 21:13:58

Ah no. Not New Look, will try and get to one.

OneLittleLady Thu 16-May-13 21:15:08

Could me worth a look, I have always struggled with trousers because of my calves and they are one of the only places where they fit me everywhere

OneLittleLady Thu 16-May-13 21:15:22

be not me hmm

SingingBear Thu 16-May-13 21:17:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BikeRunSki Thu 16-May-13 21:32:22

Stamps foot
'Snot fair.

I have lost 3 stone, and still can't get clothes to fit.

'Pah!

ameliameerkat Thu 16-May-13 21:51:07

I was having similar issues and got a pair from Matalan that fit fine (unlike Next which was quite comical.....)

Lambzig Fri 17-May-13 09:42:10

Uniqlo always do nice ones. I can't see them online, but I have definitely seen them in store recently.

BikeRunSki Fri 17-May-13 22:06:19

But do they go over large calfs though Lambzig?

hugoagogo Fri 17-May-13 22:24:44

Sainsburys trousers cope with my ginormous calves.

Lambzig Sat 18-May-13 09:32:20

Sorry, should have said, yes because they work on me!

SteppingOnLego Sat 18-May-13 16:41:54

Another vote for uniqlo. I always struggle to get trousers to fit my calves and uniqlo chinos are great. Problem is none available online just now so unless you are in London where their shops are you're out of luck

BikeRunSki Sat 18-May-13 19:11:45

Not in London, or likely to be sad
Tried Sainsbury's today, not a single garment I liked!

hugoagogo Sat 18-May-13 19:20:37

Oh poo sorry bike, it can be a bit hit and miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now