Talk

Advanced search

Second-hand trainers

(7 Posts)
TheWildBeastofPontypandy Thu 16-May-13 20:05:15

I have spotted a very cool pair of vintage trainers on ebay which are "worn but in good condition" from a private seller with good feedback. I am very tempted. Is it revolting to even consider buying them?

PS. They are fashion trainers not sport trainers.

babysaurus Thu 16-May-13 21:54:26

I wouldn't tbh. Sorry!
Find the idea of any secondhand footwear a bit ick.

Annianni Thu 16-May-13 22:10:44

Are they washable?

BinksToEnlightenment Fri 17-May-13 07:38:26

You can wash trainers. And change the inner soles and wear them with socks.

dexter73 Fri 17-May-13 07:48:08

Even when I wash my dd's trainers they still smell of feet afterwards. And I soak them in vanish oxi-action for an hour first shock!!

SundaySimmons Fri 17-May-13 07:49:30

If they are not washable, buy bicarbonate of soda and fill the shoes with it and leave for 24 hours or longer then shake out powder, gently hoover inside.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem if they had only been lightly worn.

It makes me laugh when people say they wouldn't wear second hand clothes etc yet they will happily sleep in a hotel bed on top of a mattress used by hundreds of others and only separated by a thin sheet and use a pillow that will have been dribbled on which is also covered only with a porous cover!

JazzDalek Fri 17-May-13 18:06:51

I buy second-hand footwear all the time because it's the only way I can afford the naice things I covet

Have only bought trainers once, though, as I do seem to have more of a trainers = sweat mental connection. The ones I bought were fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now