Talk

Advanced search

What to use to get rid of very dry undereye area?

(15 Posts)
Jemster Thu 16-May-13 18:05:25

The skin under my eyes is so dry. Whenever i try out concealers at the make up counters they always comment how dry it is. When I use concealer it doesn't go on well and makes it even drier!
I have always used clinique rich eye cream but it's not making any difference to the dryness.
I can't afford to spend loads only for it not to work so would be grateful for any reasonably priced suggestions that really do get rid of the horrible tight dryness. I also have dark circles so really do need a concealer!
Thanks

hollyisalovelyname Thu 16-May-13 18:09:15

Have you tried the Garnier roller thingy in tinted?

SunshinePanda Thu 16-May-13 18:37:21

I also get dry skin and occasionally eczema under my eyes. I use Holland and Barrett chamomile blended essential oil. Just dab on at night time. Bought it for DS to use on eczema behind his knee years ago, tried it on my eyes and loved it ever since.

hugoagogo Thu 16-May-13 19:29:02

I use boots simply sensitive eyecream it's very good and when my eyes are really dry I use eurecin aquaphor which is very rich and soothing, but no good for under makeup.

I used to use ultrabland from lush both as cleanser and as a moisturiser on v dry patches- I hate the woman who works in my local lush so never get it any more. [rational]

hugoagogo Thu 16-May-13 19:32:35

I use boots simply sensitive eyecream it's very good and when my eyes are really dry I use eurecin aquaphor which is very rich and soothing, but no good for under makeup.

I used to use ultrabland from lush both as cleanser and as a moisturiser on v dry patches- I hate the woman who works in my local lush so never get it any more. [rational]

hugoagogo Thu 16-May-13 19:34:34

bugger

MagicBaguette Thu 16-May-13 19:36:40

Eucerin cream was a lifesaver for me! I have eczema and sometimes get it around my eyes, this works really well and doesn't take too long to dry in.

wildstrawberryplace Thu 16-May-13 19:37:27

Dr Hauschka eye contour balm. It's like a pommade texture, too heavy for daytime but you put if you put it on at night you wake up with peachy elasticky undereye skin and it lasts all day.

xigris Thu 16-May-13 19:42:24

I'm sure that it's not recommended but in a fit of desperation I used lansinoh nipple cream on my dry, flakey under-the-eye area. Tis brill! My eyes are lovely, non flakey and smooth now. I've been using it a few times a week for ages now and haven't grown an extra head or anything (yet) grin

hugoagogo Thu 16-May-13 20:10:49

dm loves that dr haushka stuff, but it really pongs, I cannot tolerate it.

Jemster Thu 16-May-13 21:19:42

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm guessing I can't just use my usual moisturiser under the eyes?

JennySense Fri 17-May-13 09:38:45

I've used Trilogy rosehip oil, also argan oil and the Liz earle alternative

ClaudiaCutie Fri 17-May-13 11:18:11

Jemster - since the Clinique eye cream is not clearly working for you, it's clear you need to change products.

Try to work out if your skin is dry because it's lacking oil or if it's dehyrated because it's lacking water. If you start to use a facial oil and your skin doesn't improve at ALL, then it's dehyrated (lacking water).

Adding facial oil to your routine helps? Then it's dry (lacking oil) and using a facial oil or one of the very good rich moisturiser suggestions above will help.

It's pointless thinking about what concealer to get until you have your skincare sorted out.

Eucerin 5% face cream is fantastic and one of the few that works well on both dry or dehydrated skin.

You might think about layering serum and moisturiser for daytime too, that would make a difference, and would suit either dry or dehyrated skin.

If you are using a fdtn that is very drying, consider changing to a TM.

crossparsley Fri 17-May-13 13:07:32

I had really dry bits on the top eyelid just next to the nose, fixed (at horrible expense but it should last for ages) with Dr Hauschka regenerating eye cream. It's shamingly £££ though so maybe see if you could get a sample?

pinkyredrose Fri 17-May-13 20:06:14

OP try massaging your whole face with grapeseed oil, brilliant for dry patches and skin tone.

hugo have you tried ebay for Lush products? I got some of their Shangri La moisteriser for £10 it's £27.50 usually, you can find some real bargains on there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now