Talk

Advanced search

Best products/ shampoo etc for fine/ limp/ soft hair?

(4 Posts)
JudithOfThePascha Thu 16-May-13 14:47:08

My hair is fairly fine and thin, although naturally wavy and prone to frizz.

I love my GHDs and I am starting to get better at using the BBH. I am in the process of growing out some very frumpy layers and trying to find, without success, a good up do for summer.

Does anyone have any advice on good products for hold/ volume/ texture?

francesdrake Thu 16-May-13 14:53:06

Have you tried Liz Earle's shampoo/conditioners? My hair's pretty fine and frizz-prone and the amount of volume it has now is almost enough to soften the blow of how much it costs... (£7.50 a tube, which admittedly has lasted me nearly 5 months - a little goes a long way).

I BBH my hair a couple of times a week and find Tresemme's mousse surprisingly good for boosting volume, with heat spray underneath.

JudithOfThePascha Thu 16-May-13 20:08:38

I really like Liz Earle, but I'm not sure I can manage it with my current finances. Is it really that much better than other volumising shampoos?

I can def try Tresemme mousse though. Thanks!

francesdrake Fri 17-May-13 22:08:35

It's made a big difference to my hair, annoyingly - I think it's the fact of it having no SLSs or silicones in the ingredients. I like the Naked hair care range at Boots, which is has no SLSs either, is a bit cheaper and usually in a 3 for 2 promotion every so often?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now