Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to find good yellow-based concealer

(12 Posts)
Love2Dance Thu 16-May-13 14:15:29

I've got slightly darker/olive (sallow in winter) skin. I used to use Ruby and Millie concealer but that make up brand no longer exists.
Anyone got any recommendations for a decent yellow-based concealer that is not too cakey and drying? I've tried Bobbi Brown but it's not quite right. Years ago I used Touche Eclat but the coverage was only ok. May have to go back to MAC, but this wasn't quite creamy enough...

sarahseashell Thu 16-May-13 14:39:08

laura mercier. It's two colours (you need a brush) so you can blend to the exact colour you need for that bit of your face. Bit ££ but lasts ages

Marylou2 Thu 16-May-13 15:05:56

I always use Mac. Have to blast it with the hairdryer first to make it melt a bit! Very odd.

Love2Dance Thu 16-May-13 15:28:06

Thanks ladies. 2 colours sounds good saraseashell as I can mix according to season and skin tone. Lol at hairdryer Marylou 2!

anchovies Thu 16-May-13 16:10:05

I was just coming to say Laura Mercier but sarahseashell beat me to it! Would highly recommend it, it is quite dry in the compact so I tend to use a clean thumb to warm it up before applying with a brush. It gives me the perfect colour, I use more yellow if I'm covering up a red blemish or less otherwise. It's not drying at all when it's on.

middleagedspread Thu 16-May-13 16:10:23

Clinique Airbrush, great for my sallow skin.

Jemster Thu 16-May-13 18:07:35

Middleagedspread which colour of the clinique do you go for?

FattyMcChubster Thu 16-May-13 18:11:53

If its for under eyes, have you tried benefit erase paste? My skin is on the sallow side and I love the stuff.

ArcticRoll Thu 16-May-13 19:20:18

Nars

knitknack Thu 16-May-13 19:34:12

The new Nars concealer, hands down!

Love2Dance Thu 16-May-13 20:18:25

Oooh, so much choice. Thanks again, will look them all up.

middleagedspread Thu 16-May-13 21:01:51

Jemster, just had a look an its no 2 medium. Bought mid winter when my skin's at its most sallow. It's definitely yellowy rather than pinky, I use it under my eyes to cover the charming grey circles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now