Talk

Advanced search

Need help with Baxter jeans

(10 Posts)
harbinger Wed 15-May-13 19:01:08

The new ones are rubbish.

I was looking at some old ones and realised that one pair fitted better than the other.

The pair that fits best has black pockets and a coin pocket, the other has white pockets, no coin pocket but a sideways slit.

Can you help date them? Which are older?

harbinger Wed 15-May-13 20:45:09

I didn't realised that they had changed so much.

noddyholder Wed 15-May-13 20:46:49

I used to have a pair which I loved and wore for DIY as thought I could get another pair and they just didn't fit the same!Gutted My ones that fit well have the black too

harbinger Wed 15-May-13 20:59:18

Noddy, have you found a good replacement? I've spent £100s since and not found a thing that matches.

awaywego1 Wed 15-May-13 21:01:51

I'm the same with Kirsten jeans-forever looking for the ones with extra buttons on the waist as the new ones done fit as well.

harbinger Wed 15-May-13 21:23:06

I hope some jeans expert can help..................please............

rubylovescheese Wed 15-May-13 21:44:07

no expert but have a pair I love and aeveral pairs just ok. the best ones have rose gold buttons. they're quite old. am thinking 2008 ish.

TarkaTheOtter Thu 16-May-13 00:35:00

I love my old ones. They are proper denim and stiff when washed. They have recently developed a hole in the bum. I'm going to try to patch them as the new ones look shit.

TarkaTheOtter Thu 16-May-13 00:35:51

They have a small (pointless) zip in the side just below the waistband. It's about an inch long.

harbinger Fri 17-May-13 20:08:18

I think the best ones are about 2008. I've seen them made in Turkey and Eygpt. It seems to be the denim that has swapped around as well.

After the 'normal' coin pocket, there was this stupid slit on the side.
As you say Tarka, a silly 1 inch zip! Why?

I've seen that one-all the same era

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now